For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the centre of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
Operations bring together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. Operations help clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 36 countries and more than 100 markets.
Alternative Investment Services (AIS) Fund Accounting is a fast growing department responsible for ensuring timely and accurate preparation of the net asset value (NAV) and maintenance of accounts for Hedge Funds, Credit Funds, Private Market Funds, Real Estate Funds and Hybrid Funds investing across a wide variety of financial instrument types.
We perform full end-to-end fund valuation processing, offering a start to finish view from fund launch to client NAV delivery. We are a client facing team working directly with globally recognized investment managers.
As a Fund Accounting Supervisor, you will be primarily responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of the NAVs. Supervisors act as a guide and mentor to the Fund Accountants and are responsible for supervising and assisting them in successfully completing deliverables and ensuring that all procedures and controls are complied with.
- Ensure the team NAVs and end of day reports are accurate and issued to all relevant parties within pre-agreed deadlines,
- Supervision over all aspects of the funds valuation process: capital activity, trade processing, portfolio valuation and expenses booking. Review cash and asset reconciliations, corporate actions activity, FX and price movements along with Trial Balance, Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss reports,
- Participate in team/department projects to optimize effectiveness of the NAV production process,
- Review the work of Fund accountants and Senior Fund accountants,
- Liaise with internal and external counterparties to resolve issues and queries raised by client in a timely manner,
- Escalate any issues and aged items within your team.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Min. 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Fluency in English
- A good knowledge of financial instruments, accountancy and an interest in financial services
- Proactive, focused attitude towards work and an ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Double entry bookkeeping knowledge
- Highly developed communication skills
- PC literacy, including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Supervisory experience will be a strong asset
Our offer for you:
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and hybrid working arrangements
- AIS employees gain experience across a wide range of fund types and investment products.
- Our employees benefit from our growth, we support and encourage development and career path advancement.
- We support employees taking internationally recognized certificates in financial services focused on our products.
- Working in an international and client facing environment
- Mentoring and job shadowing programs
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects and engagement groups (mountain trips, football team etc.)
- Language training course
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Employee Referral Program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Recognition programmes
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Private medical care
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.