Private Equity Fund Accountant
HedgeServ is a hedge fund administration company that features a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides a service solution for front office, risk, valuations, middle office, fund accounting and fund administration that is customized to the needs of the individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity funds. HedgeServ is located in New York, London, Boston, Cork, Dublin, Luxembourg, Sydney, Cayman and our new European office Kraków, Poland.
Private Equity Department
Due to its innovative technology and service offering HedgeServ’s closed end funds team is expanding in both New York and Ireland. The team currently services a mix of private equity, real estate and hybrid structures. The team works with its clients on collaborating new technology solutions as well as client service models to support unique structures and operating models to meet an evolving and growing area within the asset management industry.
A Private Equity Fund Accountant will be required to execute the following tasks within the guidelines and procedures provided by HedgeServ and under the supervision and guidance of a Private Equity Supervisor and Manager. Calculation of Capital Calls, Distributions, preparation of monthly/quarterly NAV packages including fee calculations and waterfall preparation. Reconciliation, trade capture, and pricing are also an integral part of the role. These core tasks be will be performed accurately and in a timely and efficient manner. The Private Equity Fund Accountant will receive the requisite Induction Training in addition to both compulsory training (AML/KYC) and optional training. Additional client-specific training will be provided by the Private Equity Supervisor.
Key Accountabilities of the Role
The tasks required to be executed will vary depending on both client structure, client requirements and business needs and will include:
- Assist in the production of monthly and quarterly NAV, ensuring completion of specified tasks per Private Equity checklists
- Calculate and process capital calls, capital distributions and statements for closed-end funds
- Prepare investor P&L allocations and fee calculations as part of monthly and quarterly NAV packages
- Prepare waterfall calculations
- Prepare portfolio and investor IRR calculations as required
- Perform cash, position and market value reconciliations.
- Escalate accounting issues and aged items to the Private Equity Supervisor
- Ensure all positions are priced correctly
- Calculate and process income and expense accruals including trading accruals
- Comply with HedgeServ’s checklists, procedures and controls
- Assist in the audit process where required
- Converse and liaise with internal service departments to resolve miscellaneous fund issues.
- Ensure pre-agreed internal and external deadlines are met timely
- Be client focused, flexible and willing to adapt
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting, Finance, Legal or Business
- Intention to actively pursue a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, ACA) is not required but would be an advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- IT Literate
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Good initiative tempered with identifying when escalation is required.
- Reliable, dependable and committed
- Take ownership of designated tasks
- Act as a role model for HedgeServ
- Minimum of 1-2 years previous experience in Finance area, ideally from Hedge or Private Equity Fund Industry
What do we offer?:
- Premium Health Insurance
- Sports Club Membership
- My Benefit - Cafeteria System
- Competitive Salary
- Tuition Support
- Active Sports and Social Committee
- Life Insurance
- Fresh Fruits at the office