Who we are
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors. BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of June 30, 2022, BNY Mellon had $43 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.9 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of the Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
Overview Of Job Function
The Category Manager plays a key role in BNY Mellon’s Enterprise Sourcing Office (ESO). The ESO manages third-party related activities under one global framework across BNY Mellon.
A Category Manager is responsible for developing and managing the strategy for BNY Mellon’s purchasing within a certain set of goods and services. This includes leading cross-functional teams to define the scope of the category, perform market analysis, identify business demand, conduct RFX events, develop a preferred supplier list, guide business lines to optimize the use of the preferred supplier list, and conduct spend analytics to continue to evolve and mature the category.
The Category Manager is responsible for working closely with BNY Mellon’s business lines as well as various stakeholders in the Enterprise Sourcing Office to develop and operate the category strategy, and to drive purchasing activity to align with the category as well as BNY Mellon’s sourcing and third party risk management policies.
This job posting is specifically for a Category Manager in the area of financial services technology and services, payment technology, and fintech. Candidates may focus on one or more of these sub-Categories – it is NOT necessary to have experience in all areas:
- Financial services technology and services – market data, contract terms, and tax and settlement solutions
- Payment technology - accounts payable solutions, and purchasing card services
- Fintech – contract terms, software solutions, and emerging technologies
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities
- Partner with Line of Business (LOB) and Corporate Functions to understand business needs and priorities as well as existing suppliers within the Category.
- Conduct market research and evaluate market trends and benchmarks.
- Design and oversee global RFX and competitive bid events.
- Develop preferred supplier list and document the category strategy.
- Negotiate master service agreements, terms, and rates with preferred suppliers.
- Meet periodically with LOB / Corporate Function leaders to understand changing or upcoming purchasing needs and business priorities in order to proactively evolve the category.
- Monitor current category market conditions to identify potential supply challenges and develop supply continuity plan.
- Support business lines, negotiators, legal, and other stakeholders to respond to and resolve issues with preferred suppliers, e.g., contractual, technical, operational, or invoicing.
- Champion and partner with BNY Mellon’s supplier diversity program.
- Monitor and collaborate with business lines to drive purchasing activity to align with the category as well as BNY Mellon’s sourcing and third party risk management policies.
- Manage requests for exceptions to purchase outside of defined categories.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, supply chain management, finance, technology, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Seven or more years’ experience in strategic sourcing within the category area, with deep knowledge of market conditions and trends, as well as leading suppliers and products in the category.
- Strong knowledge of procurement sourcing process and category strategy development.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and writing skills, with the ability to engage at all levels within the organization, including senior management, as well as with suppliers.
- Highly organized individual, with excellent time management skills and the flexibility to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to start and finish tasks with minimal management oversight and maintain a positive attitude.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.