For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
OTC Derivative Valuations is a centralised global team responsible for pricing of over-the-counter derivative securities. The team supports a vast array of products within BNY Mellon:
- The NAV production process for mutual and hedge fund accounting teams in Europe, India and across several US locations;
- The valuation of pension funds for global companies based in Europe and the US;
- collateral management;
- Regulatory reporting and risk analysis for the bank and our clients;
We are a centre of excellence in the OTC Derivative space and provide opportunities to gain considerable training and development across a range of functions, while benefitting from exposure to the wider NAV production process.
We currently have 60+ people in permanent roles in Dublin, Wroclaw, New York, Singapore, Orlando, and Pune. The group continues to grow as we take on new business and additional responsibilities.
- Complete and review the daily pricing of OTC assets for clients we service
- Ensure all tolerance breakers are validated and where necessary investigation on root cause is completed
- Ensure OTC trades are captured into OTC pricing system with high level of accuracy and in a timely manner
- Display high level of ownership for processes and projects assigned, as well as initiative by suggesting improvements to the existing processes
- You will be required to work within a tight-deadline driven environment. This will involve maintaining an attention to detail and ability to make decisions without missing agreed deadlines
- You will be exposed to a range of processes and OTC products
- You will be dealing with internal stakeholders like Derivatives Trade Capture teams, Fund Accounting, Reconciliation and others
The successful candidate will demonstrate/possess:
- Enthusiastic graduates with Bachelor or Master’s Degree preferably in Finance, Maths, Economics, Business and Engineering. Other Degrees will also be considered
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel. Knowledge of VBA would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
We provide clearly defined, transparent development pathways to help you grow both personally and professionally. The benefits we offer to you were carefully selected to build your comfort of working and help you reach your personal goals:
- Official contract title "Analyst, Data Management & Quantitative Analysis"
- Full time contract of employment
- Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
- Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
- Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
- Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
- Employee Referral Program
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.