Who we are:
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors. BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of June 30, 2022, BNY Mellon had $43 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.9 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of the Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
The Sourcing Professional will be responsible for all contracting duties supporting the Professional Services Category Strategy covering Professional Services worldwide (35+ countries), including contracting strategy and planning, competitive bidding, contract negotiations and cost savings. The team and support staff are currently located in US, Poland and India. The team operates in-office and remotely and covers global hours as required.
Seeking the ideal candidate to create and run contracting negotiations under the Big “6” Professional Services Consulting Preferred Program. Responsibilities include:
- Independently negotiates sourcing contracts and manages contract administration for a large quantity of complex contracts in multiple categories.
- Determines solutions and actions in response to contract asks and leads more junior team members in identifying contracting issues.
- Independently implements solutions.
- May review research findings from more junior Sourcing roles and advises on improvements.
- Supports the development of demand-side process improvements.
- Represents sourcing in stakeholder and business partner meetings focused on the assigned categories.
- Builds category knowledge across multiple complex categories.
- Negotiates sourcing contracts in multiple complex categories on a daily basis.
- Independently reviews and analyzes contract asks, effectively communicates requirements and determines solutions and actions in response to contract asks.
- Serves as the direct point of contact for negotiations with contracting parties.
- Contracts are often complex and negotiations are often complicated in nature.
- May enlist support from more junior team members and advise them on contract negotiation improvements.
- Conducts complex research to support contract negotiations and compiles findings into an appropriate, intuitive format.
- May review findings compiled by more junior Sourcing roles for accuracy and legibility and advises on improvements.
- Is responsible for contract administration for a large quantity of complex contracts in multiple categories, including NDAs, complex agreements, SOWs and terminations, among others.
- Identifies contracting issues and implements solutions.
- Supports the development of demand-side process improvements in support of contract implementation.
- Is building a wealth of category knowledge across multiple complex categories.
- Represents the Senior Sourcing Manager in stakeholder and business partner meetings focused on these categories, as needed.
- No direct reports. Provides guidance to more junior staff.
- Contributes to the achievement of business area objectives. Modified based upon local regulations/requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Business or Supply Chain degree preferred. Advanced degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred
- Understanding of procurement and sourcing processes and practices for the specific categories preferred, demonstrated experience managing large, complex projects and spend categories preferred.Must have at least 5 years of negotiating SaaS agreements with Financial Technology vendors
- Preferably have experience at a SaaS technology provider working with on contracts
- Preferably have an understanding of the Blockchain ecosystem
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.