Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
About the team:
Data Management and Quantitative Analysis – The role of a Specialist Analyst in the Analytics Solutions Group is to review client requests, analyze legal documentation, and build customized financial models.
A successful candidate:
- Will need to understand the relevant products assigned and will be able to analyze which methodology/approach/instrument best supports clients’ needs and contractual obligations.
- Good communication skills are required for dealing with Internal teams and external clients while supporting existing models and also for the document analysis and development stage of new models where communication with the Client, Relationship Manager, Legal and Client Services teams will be required.
- The candidate will utilize applications such as MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word, MS Outlook, SharePoint On-Line and SSRS Report Builder along with macro development to extract data from various sources in order to populate the data feed in the models.
- The candidate should have good problem solving skills and the ability to look at a current process and identify improvements which could be made.
- A successful candidate must have the ability to understand and translate both complex technical and financial concepts and show good organization of data and record keeping abilities during model development stages.
- A successful candidate will need to be confident and have good transferable knowledge to assist, train, and mentor other junior analysts.
- Prior exposure to financial contractual language is a big plus.
Additional expectations include:
- Preparing standard and ad-hoc reporting solutions and delivering results to internal and external customers,
- Communicating requirements and issues clearly to clients and stakeholders and reviewing accuracy of reports and calculations.
- Also there is a requirement to support internal Analytics reporting function, which would include assisting reporting analysts with any existing model issues and handling queries from clients regarding the reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience (minimum of 3 years of experience with building models in MS Excel and MS Access or equivalent software, 5-7 years of total experience preferred).
- Ability to program automated solutions, tools, and processes with VBA/SQL/Powershell/Powerquery.
- A knowledge of VBA and SQL is essential to support existing and new reports/models built through MS Access and Excel.
- A strong analytical background, with good problem-solving skills and attention to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proactive and well organized.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and with changing requirements dictated by clients.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.