ABOUT BNY MELLON
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
We are recruiting for a Senior Auditor II to work with our BNY Mellon European Bank Audit department on EMEA and Global Business audit Management Information. The role will report into the Senior Audit Manager based in Brussels, being a direct report of the BNY Mellon European Bank Chief Auditor, working with a team based in the Brussels, Dublin, Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Madrid, and Wroclaw locations.
The individual will:
- Execute on the annual audit plan for BNY Mellon Technology Audit, ensuring that audits conform to local and global regulatory and internal audit requirements.
- Supervise and implement the execution of the audit plan and ensure effective audit practices for traditional and continuous audits.
- Creates and maintains accurate and clear work documents, completes tasks on time, on budget, and accurately, and quickly learns new businesses, processes, and regulations. Applies solid judgement and analytical skills, contributing to the development of innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Appropriately analyzes control environments and develops effective audit steps to test key controls in line with Audit methodology.
- Performs research independently and has adequate knowledge of statistical sampling and risk analysis to perform research with technical accuracy.
- Identify and report on control deficiencies as appropriate and conduct follow up to ensure significant control deficiencies are correct.
- Plan and execute complex and confidential audit projects enterprise wide as requested by Senior Management.
- Engages in Continuous Monitoring activities.
- Develops relationships with the Audit Project Leader and/or audit management, other Audit associates, and clients.
- Provide support for BNY Mellon regulatory requests.
- Enhance the technical knowledge of team through various courses, seminars and in house training via IT and business auditor cross integration.
- Develop innovative use cases of existing analytical tools to widen the scope of assurance during audit testing.
- Effectively balances multiple simultaneous assignments, including audits and other departmental tasks and functions.
- Effectively communicate audit issues to stakeholders, both verbally and in writing
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. 5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
- Prior experience in Technology or Technology Audit.
- Additional core skill requirements include understanding of the applied and interpretation of analytics results for Audit, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Proven track record of managing and delivering risk-based projects.
- Knowledgeable on good governance practices.
- Fluent in English. Other languages (French, Dutch or German) are considered an asset.
- CISA, CEH, CIA certifications are considered an asset.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.