ABOUT BNY MELLON
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
Department / Team overview
EB Controllers team
The analyst role is currently located within the Poland Controllers team of BNY Mellon (BNYM) to support the accounting and controlling activities of the EB Controllers team. The EB Controllers team is responsible for the Legal Entity Finance functions of accounting and reporting for the BNYM EB legal entities. The EB Finance team consists of 40 members across Europe with support from a Shared Service Center located in Poland. The EB Controllers team utilises the global processes and global footprint of BNYM Finance that involves significant outsourcing of production activities to offshore service locations mainly located in India.
The members of EB Controllers team operate in a cooperative and supportive manner to ensure that all activities are completed accurately and on time. Cross-training and opportunities for enlarging experience allow for professional development across the full range of activities performed by the Finance team. The EB Controllers team seeks out and executes on opportunities for continuous improvement to ensure that support is provided to its internal clients that allowing them to outperform over time.
This role is within the Shared Service Center that will be created in the EB Polish branch.
- Assist in the month-end close process, ensuring deadlines are achieved and the financial accounts are closed in a timely and accurate manner meeting BNY Mellon’s reporting requirements.
- General Ledger Accounting: Assist with the general ledger accounting processes for payroll, pensions, general expenses, accruals and sub-ledger/general ledger reconciliations and related control activities. Adding value in providing technical accounting support to the offshore team in India and ensure that journal entries are correctly prepared and posted.
- Intercompany accounting: Review the production and processing of inter-company invoicing and to assist in the inter-company confirmation process and resolving reconciling items.
- Reconciliation: Support BNYM EB balance sheet reconciliations and escalate appropriately.
- Support to preparation of Tax returns to EB legal entities (CIT, VAT, Other)
Personal qualities and experience
- Motivated individual with an interest in working in the Finance function of a large organisation who is willing to invest personally in being part of a high performing team;
- Strong accounting knowledge and experience that has preferably been gained within a financial institution that is part of an international group (minimum 3- 5 years).
- A fast learner and effective problem solver who is able to work without constant supervision and takes responsibility for outcomes.
- Deadline driven, ability to effectively manage time to work under pressure and maintaining attention to detail. A positive team player with a mind-set that supports colleagues both within and outside of Finance;
- Flexible in adapting to change with a positive commitment to continuous improvement.
- Comfortable providing oversight over activities performed in offshore locations.
- A clear and effective communicator, an excellent command of English is essential;
- Part or Newly Qualified accountant or have gained an equivalent level through relevant experience.
- Experience working with general ledger systems, preferably Oracle or similar reporting tools.
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting in Banking or Finance could be an advantage
- Good general IT knowledge and experience.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.