BNY Mellon overview: For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology. Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done
Team overview: The Securities Data Management Team (SDM) works across two locations (Germany, Frankfurt/Poland, Wroclaw) and is responsible for the centralized processing of all Pricing/Valuations, Securities Static Data and Corporate Actions related tasks within the fund accounting system Xentis. The team is essential for the accurate and timely calculation of Net Asset Values (NAV’s) for our international clients, working closely together with other internal and external teams in multiple locations.
As a successful candidate you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring good knowledge of the various asset types such as equities, fixed income, certificates, ETDs, OTCs, ETFs.
- Checking, maintaining, processing and booking of event data / corporate action data.
- Daily communication with vendors on pricing, static data and corporate action issues.
- Setting up and maintaining securities static data in the fund accounting system Xentis.
- Maintain checklists and procedure documents relating to client and BNY Mellon reporting.
- Monitoring and processing with various interfaces, such as WM data, Bloomberg, collateral, custody and SWIFT interfaces.
- Quality control of data accuracy and completeness with advanced application of Excel.
- Responding to complex ad-hoc queries from clients, internal teams and other stakeholders.
- Performing reference price checks and market conformity checks on all Assets/Transactions utilizing Bloomberg.
- Ensuring work allocated by supervisors is completed in a timely, accurate fashion within agreed deadlines.
We could have a great match if you have:
- Proficiency in English.
- Knowledge of German is a big plus but not a requirement.
- Ideally experience in the financial services, preferably in Fund Administration Industry but motivated cross learners are welcome!
- Existing hands-on knowledge or very strong self-motivation to learn the following areas: Pricing/Valuation; Corporate Actions/Income Processing; Market Data/Vendor Management; Securities/Asset Static Data.
- A basic financial product understanding of various asset types such as equities, fixed income, ETDs, OTCs, ETFs.
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple projects/inquiries at the same time and still meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel. Knowledge of VBA and other programming languages would be beneficial but not essential.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Motivated team members with the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Full time contract of employment
- Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
- Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
- Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
- Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
- Employee Referral Program
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.