BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
About the team:
The AML/KYC Center of Excellence (CoE) ensures that BNY Mellon complies with “Know Your Customer" (KYC) Legislation for all applicable local jurisdictions and the Bank’s own Internal KYC Policies. The AML/KYC CoE Team forms part of Enterprise Client Onboarding and Global Tax Operations. One of the most important aspects of KYC is the understanding of the client, their business and the services we are offering to them to ensure they are consistent. The AML/ KYC Team perform due diligence on New Clients (New Business) and existing Clients (Periodic Reviews), in line with applicable regulation and Bank policy.
The Senior KYC Manager will be responsible for managing the team of 30-40 highly qualify KYC professionals. Will act as end-to-end process owner for preparation/completion of customer AML/KYC profiles of all risk ratings and entity types for New Business and Periodic Reviews, working closely with the business lines to ensure timely completion.
Official contract tittle: "Group Manager, Anti Money Laundering/Prevention/Know Your Client"
- Will act as a front-line Manager for 30-40 professionals via local managers
- Will participate and play a key role in global KYC/AML regulatory projects
- Will be responsible for day to day monitoring of other team members
- Responsible for end to end KYC period review process of assigned line of business
- Performing quality assurance (QA) checks to ensure quality of work is high
- Keeping all SLA’s green
- Performing due diligence searches on clients, their owners and managers; as well as special projects as assigned. The ITS KYC Manager is able to work on all client s regardless of AML risk rating and complexity, and do so independently
- Maintain client s know your customer (KYC) files as assigned.
- Ensure all information on profile is complete and accurate;
- Perform due diligence on the client, its owners/managers with Relationship Managers when necessary to resolve results.
- Updating the KYC database as necessary throughout the due diligence process to ensure records are up to date.
- Advise RMs on the KYC policy.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Responsible for all HR matters of his directs including performance review
- Strong understanding of AML / KYC principals are required.
- KYC/AML experience min 8 - 10 years.
- Previous experience as KYC operations manager is required min 4 years.
- CAMS certification nice to have.
- Proven experience in successful leading global regulatory KYC/AML projects.
- Able to communicate with senior stakeholders, able to speak up when this is required.
- Have extensive research skills to aid in establishing and/or validating required information and documentation.
- Be highly motivated, organized, detail oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good PC skills are required with proficiency in MS Office applications and Outlook.
- Able to partner with people of various levels and across all divisions.
- Motivated team members with the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Professional approach to work and personal appearance.
- Have attention to detail.
- Able to interact in a Team.
- Able to understand and be part of a Global Model.
- English fluency required.
- Additional foreign language is an asset.
- Full time contract of employment.
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements.
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program.
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs.
- Pension scheme.
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme.
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility.
- Diverse and inclusive environment.
- Employee Referral Program.
- Recognition programmes.
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.