BNY Mellon overview
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level. The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting, investment operations and technology. Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done
BNY Mellon’s Investor Solutions (Global Transfer Agency) business under the Asset Service Operations, aims to facilitate the administration and record keeping activities for asset manager’s investment products and services. Our operational services are broadly categorized into Transaction processing or executive of trades, Register Servicing activities like account opening and account maintenance, Treasury Services like settlement of funds, reconciliation, corporate actions and distributions and Call Center support to US and EMEA Investors.
The role is responsible for Operations delivery across assigned functions based out of Wroclaw, Poland. The incumbent will be working actively with Global leaders for service delivery, transformation, innovation and business resilience. She/He is required to play a key role as a thought leader in evolution of Operations organization at BNY Mellon & to take on more high end, complex and critical functions, be more transformational, take greater ownership, drive productivity thereby delivering on Operational Excellence and enhancing Client experience.
She/He will lead Transformation within operations, working closely with Operations leaders globally and Technology partners. The role will include but not be limited to setting up of performance metrics, regular monitoring of performance, ensuring governance and controls are in place for every process, ensuring BCP plans and Risk Analysis is performed for every business and process. She/he will ensure connectivity between the Client Organization, Product, Technology and Operations to ensure there is common understanding of the cost of service and that incremental costs are appropriately taken into account.
- Academic : Bachelor’s degree is a must and preferred in a business-related field
- Work Experience: Experience in Transfer Agency Hedge/MF preferred with overall at-least 18yrs of work experience.
- Skills sets: The candidate sshould have demonstrated capability to lead strong people management practices with large operational teams, excellent stake holder management and Project management skills. Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines, Strong at MS office, Proven customer service skills & analytical skills. Superior oral and written communication skills. English fluency required.
- She/He should have good judgement, maturity and poise to enable interaction/influencing of senior management, needs to be a cultural change agent. Thoughtful analytical skills and commercial mindset with an ability to draw conclusions, demonstrated ability to define problems relate data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to logically steer through the issues or challenges. She/He should be able to partner with business stakeholders / business partner groups and establish vision for future and relevant business priorities for the period.
- She/He should possess strong digital acumen and have led large technology transformation across operations. Streamline and digitize the processes using new technologies and data to improve the accuracy of our cost to serve excellent client services She/He should be able to provide constructive challenge and a view of best practices to guide operational decisions, must understand technology impact in operations and transformation. Strong supporter of overall digital agenda, strong knowledge of business operations in Banking & Financial Services industry with a proven track record.
- She/He should have worked with influence with cross functional and cross regional teams to drive business objectives and comfortable in driving outcomes in matrixed environments.
- She/He should act as a thought partner, advisor and challenger to our business leads and client teams as they continue to steer some of the verticals like Reconciliations, Fund Accounting operations Global Risk solutions etc including digitalization across the space, should be able to strategize, devise, drive, review and steer functional & cross functional initiatives / projects across businesses and business partner groups.
We provide clearly defined, transparent development pathways to help you grow both personally and professionally. The benefits we offer to you were carefully selected to build your comfort of working and help you reach your personal goals
- Full time contract of employment
- Life and medical insurance, pension scheme
- Diverse and inclusive environment strengthened with your unique perspective
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your individual health and wellbeing needs
- Parental support, including back-up childcare, on-site kindergarten and buddy program
- Structured career development and possibilities for and global mobility
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Well-defined recognition programs helping you build your personal brand
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package including fitness discounts and cafeteria system
- Employee Referral Program
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in community and charity projects through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.