ABOUT BNY MELLON
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
The Senior Specialist (Model Risk Senior Analyst) will contribute to highly visible enterprise-wide model development function in the organization. The models make estimates that are a key input to management decisions and are reported to Senior Management and the Board of Directors on a regular basis. The role will be to execute enterprise standards for model validation. The incumbent will be responsible for leading work to identify and evaluate model risk as well as propose controls to manage that risk. This will entail investigating the weaknesses of a framework and setting the scope and designing tests for a validation effort, appropriate to that framework. The incumbent may work in one of five disciplines, each responsible for a different type of modeling:1) Credit Risk Modeling 2) Treasury Modeling 3) Market Risk Modeling 4) Pricing Modeling 5) Forecasting. Execute enterprise standards for model validation, by setting the scope of a validation effort. This entails designing the tests and review activities necessary to evaluate a model.Responsible for evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of a model's conceptual framework to identify situations where a model may become less useful.Reviews accuracy of reports and calculations performed by less experienced colleagues.The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing the risks identified by more junior analysts and formulating the proposed controls into a plan of action for management.No direct reports,, provides guidance to more junior analysts. Responsible for the technical direction, accuracy and soundness of quantitative methods in the assigned area. Decisions and assumptions recommended by the incumbent have significant impact on the financial and risk position of the Bank or legal entity supported. Modified based upon local regulations/requirements.
- Master's Degree/PhD in a quantitative discipline, including engineering, mathematics, physics, statistics, econometrics. The candidate must have a superb quantitative and analytical background with a solid theoretical foundation coupled with strong programming, documentation and communications skills.
- Minimum 2 years (2 - 5 preferred) of modeling experience in financial services.
- Must have experience with complex quantitative modeling, numerical analysis, and computational methods using programming languages (such as C/C++, C#, Java, FORTRAN, MATLAB, SAS) as well as mathematical/statistical software packages.
- Must be extremely focused, detail oriented, results oriented and highly productive. Must have a proven track record of being able to efficiently and effectively conduct independent research, analyze problems, formulate and implement solutions, and produce quality results on time.
- The candidate must have excellent scientific and technical documentation and presentation skills, assertiveness & influencing skills, and the skills to explain abstract theoretical concepts to a non-expert audience in easy-to-understand language.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.