ABOUT BNY MELLON
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
This is a Director level individual contributor role that will be supporting Compliance Governance and Strategy activities globally. Responsible for the development of the compliance strategy for the assigned business units. Advises on the compliance efforts of the business units and directs the work of more junior professionals. Directs analyses of existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements and industry practices in order to lead the assigned businesses in developing and implementing procedures to meet existing and upcoming requirements. Contributes to the establishment of key risks indicators (KRIs) and tracking and reporting methodologies as part of a standard system of measurement and reporting. Develops projects and programs to improve compliance and enhance the control environment. Leads the development of training and education for the assigned business units on risk management and compliance requirements. Prepares highly complex, time sensitive reporting and appropriately escalates issues with a potentially global impact to senior management. Directs event analyses, including confirmed losses, breakdowns in control and "near misses" to identify root causes of the control failures.
- have excellent communication, project execution and time management skills
- be able to influence others, drive end-to-end projects and prioritize assignments
- represent great project management skills
- have experience in executive presentations
- have Bachelor‘s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Business or Finance degree preferred
- have 15-18 years of total work experience preferred. Financial Services, Audit or Compliance background and/or experience with financial services compliance and/or experience with the assigned products, services or business lines/areas and the pertaining laws, regulations and rules of relevant regulators preferred
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.