Why finance at Stryker?
Are you looking for a profitable and growing company with a great culture and reputation? Stryker is the only company with 40 consecutive years of sales growth and was recently named one of the Best Workplace in the WORLD by Fortune! Here, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow as we offer development opportunities unique for each employees needs. Our total rewards offering includes but is not limited to:
- Employee health insurance, plus additional health insurance – both eligible from your first day of employment
- Group life insurance and retirement benefits
- Sports card
- Social benefits fund – this includes holiday subsidy
- Tuition reimbursement and access to online platforms with business courses
- Length of service awards (eligible at 5 years of employment)
- Corrective eyewear refund
- Lunch allowance
The inventory accounting team is part of the Global Inventory Center Of Excellence, who support the divisional business units in a variety of complex accounting areas, including inventory accounting, enterprise accounting, product costing, master data stewardship, planning & reporting, finance systems, and other complex accounting areas.
Join our team if you would like to:
be responsible for executing the transactional accounting processes, for divisions, to ensure the financial statements are complete, accurate and in compliance with Stryker accounting policies
to work closely with the Associate Finance Manager in communicating with the business units, shared service centers and Operations, on resolving any operational challenges, continuous improvement to the inventory processes and supporting project work that may arise from time to time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in all financial related matters related to day-to-day operations and scaling of the Inventory Center Of Excellence (COE)
- Supporting the managers for the planning process including preparing forecast models, consolidations and coordination of projection calls in close collaboration with Divisions/Supply Chain/Suppliers/etc.
- Delivery of monthly business results, including performance to budget and forecast. Interprets and communicates results to senior leadership and recommends pro-actively opportunities to improve business results
- Calculate, reconcile, and analyze Inventory and Inventory reserves for period close
- Prepare month-end journal entries and formulate required accruals in accordance with GAAP
- Maintain balance sheet accounts associated with the Inventory COE to include gross and net accounts and complete balance sheet reconciliations in accordance Stryker policies
- Supporting the Internal Control Manager and rest of the team for Internal and External Audits (mainly SOX related)
- Proactively communicate changes in business trends, local business decisions or other issues that may have a financial impact
Qualifications & Experience:
- Fluent in English is required
- 4+ years’ experience in Accounting, Finance or Audit (inventory experience is preferred)
- Proficiency with Excel/Macro’s
- Knowledge of Oracle and SAP S4 Hana and SAP BW, MFG (preferred)
- Ability to interpret and analyze data accurately and efficiently
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize resources and effectively manage projects to achieve objectives
- Able to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Able to identify and implement innovative solutions to meet business requirements
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com