Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” - 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We’re seeking a future team member for the role of Lead Representative, Data Management & Quantitative Analysis to join our team. This role is located in Wrocław, Poland - HYBRID.
Data Operations (SDM) is a centralised global utility that supports the NAV production process for mutual and hedge fund accounting teams in Europe, India and across several US locations. We also support various data operations within custody area.
In this role, you’ll make an impact in the following ways:
- Ensure daily administration delivers accurate and timely processing to internal clients.
- Monitor daily processes and controls to ensure procedures are being adhered to, including appropriate levels of supervisory oversight.
- Understand the theoretical and technical nature of all asset, expense and fund types on InvestOne and Geneva fund accounting platforms.
- On-going reviews of security set-up procedures, complex securities, accounting conventions and coordinate periodic reconciliations of InvestOne and Geneva security master data to Bloomberg.
- Work with line-management on the rollout of services to new funds and to ensure the smooth transition of additional centralised functions to SDM.
- Maximise the benefit of existing data vendor services to improve automation and efficiency.
- Collaborate with an equivalent team located in Pune, India, sharing procedures, processes and ensuring a consistent delivery of SLA’s.
- Attend meetings with Trade Capture & Fund Accounting teams to discuss open issues and service levels where minutes are kept outlining decisions and action points.
- Provide feedback to line-management during One-to-One meetings on the department, including staff, work in progress and service levels as well as any developments or trends.
- Support the take on of new business into the derivatives for existing client serviced and new business. Expected to play a critical role in shaping and defining operational model.
- Provide staff management, development and review for direct reports, ensure Training & Competence requirements are met and maintained within the group. Expected to be a strong motivator.
To be successful in this role, we’re seeking the following:
- At least 2 years experience in a relevant area of Financial Services.
- Strong operations and/or client management experience with exposure to managing teams and complex operational processes.
- Sound technical knowledge of Market Data, Securities Administration and/or valuations functions.
- Proficiency in using Bloomberg, InvestOne, MS Excel/Word and other relevant office systems.
- Proactive and focused attitude to work and an ability to constantly meet deadlines.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Dependability, flexibility and the ability to lead by example.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.