Senior Financial Accountant (R2R)
Why finance at Stryker?
Are you looking for a profitable and growing company with a great culture and reputation? Stryker was recently named one of the Best Workplace in the WORLD by Fortune! Here, you will have many opportunities to learn and grow as we offer development opportunities unique for each employees needs. Our total rewards offering includes but is not limited to:
- Employee health insurance, plus additional health insurance - both eligible from your first day of employment
- Group life insurance and retirement benefits
- Sports card
- Social benefits fund - this includes holiday subsidy
- Tuition reimbursement and access to online platforms with business courses
- Length of service awards (eligible at 5 years of employment)
- Corrective eyewear refund
- Lunch allowance
Key Activities & Accountabilities
The responsibilities of the Senior Financial Accountant include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads the accounting activities including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of general ledger accounts for your entities
- Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions and ensures accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Responsible for the Accounting and Reporting process (ERP, Hyperion)
- Reviews the reports and journal entries prepared by the GL Accountant.
- Maintains and performs an effective system of Internal Controls (SOX)
- Lead and coordinate audit queries (external, internal)
- Leads discussions and collaboration with relevant stakeholders and Local Finance Teams to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information
- Supports local taxation compliance (including VAT, statistical filings, etc.)
- Takes initiative and leads in the documentation of accounting projects and drives them to completion
- Prepares and review balance sheet reconciliations in compliance with corporate policies
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Take ownership of the entities on your scope.
- Team support for the region from operational point of view.
- Support the associate manager regarding hiring process
- Coordinate escalations
- Drive cross-departmental improvements (Cash, Intercompany, AP)
- Coaching team members
- Drive standardization initiatives
- Minimum Bachelor/HBO in Accounting or equivalent certification
- Minimum 4 years of experience in an accounting position
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive
- Accustomed to work on dynamic, fast paced environment
- Team Player
- Shared Service experience is preferred
- Strong excel skills
- Experience in ERP systems.
- Communication, be able to effectively interact with all levels within the company
- Familiar with Sarbanes Oxley Act and/or other internal control concepts, knowledge of US GAAP would be an advantage
- Leadership capabilities
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com