Senior Java/Scala Developer
Recruitment process for this position and onboarding trainings are conducted online.
Capgemini Engineering provides premium Software Engineering services to leading technology companies. Our customers usually range from startups to high-growth and VC-backed companies, which drives a culture of acceleration and innovation. We are sure that team extension is the only engagement model that works best.
Our client is a global visual inspiration social media platform used by people around the world to shop products personalized to their taste, find ideas to do offline and discover the most inspiring creators. Today, more than 450 million people come to the platform every month to explore and experience billions of ideas that have been saved. The company monetizes its social media websites by selling digital advertising.
The project involves contributing to the development and enhancement of a Big Data processing platform for a prominent global social media company. Your work will be focused on addressing technical challenges, utilizing cutting-edge technologies, and ensuring the efficient processing of massive amounts of data to serve millions of users.
What do you need to start?
- Strong programming skills in Java and Scala;
- Hands-on experience in principled data warehouse design, data visualization and data pipeline design and development;
- Demonstrate expertise in maintaining data integrity and currency within Data Mart environments, as well as proficiency in implementing cost attribution frameworks for diverse multi-tenant platforms;
- Understanding of SQL, SparkSQL and Hive;
- Upper-intermediate level of English, verbal and written.
It's not essential but we appreciate if you also have:
- Experience with Airflow;
- Experience with Big Data tools & technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark, SparkSQL).
What are you going to do?
- Developing best practices for data coding to ensure consistency within the system;
- Implement the designed solutions using Java and Scala technologies;
- Updating and optimizing local and metadata models;
- Optimize Performance and Scalability of the Systems;
- Suggests technical and functional improvements to add value to the product;
- Collaborate with Cross-Functional Teams;
- Incorporate Best Practices and Standards.
What have we prepared for you?
Space where you can develop yourself:
- Focus on Innovation and R&D: while working at Capgemini Engineering, you will be using cutting-edge technologies to work on global international projects (both large scale ones and start-ups) to gain multi-sector expertise;
- Training/Learning opportunities: external courses, education & certificates co-funding, 70+ certification preparation pathways with further certification (e.g. MS Azure, AWS, Google) on our NEXT learning platform as well as a free access to Pluralsight, Service Now, TED Talks, Coursera courses, and virtual trainings.
Our famous atmosphere:
We don’t have a rigid dress code, but what we do have are awesome communities and world – changing initiatives. There’s always someone happy to start a day with a cup of coffee with you – even virtually! We are a big company with unique atmosphere – we make friendships, share important moments, and… simply like each other!
Capgemini Engineering is recognized for its flexibility when it comes to its employees’ preferences, caring for the employees’ well-being, and promoting its own values. We are trying our best to match the project with the talent. We also give our team members an opportunity to choose what career path they want to pursue.
A lot of benefits:
- Elastic working hours;
- Private medical care that can be extended by a package of dental services purchased on preferential terms;
- Private life insurance which can be extended by oncology package purchased on preferential terms;
- Referral bonuses for recommending your friends to Capgemini Engineering;
- Access to our NAIS benefit platform (40+ options available: Netflix, Spotify, Multisport, cinema tickets, etc.);
- Offices in great locations, a car leasing program, carpooling options, and bicycle parking;
- Annual bonus starting with grade C1;
- Tax-deductible costs for creative work (KUP).
Who are we?
As an integral part of the Capgemini Group, at Capgemini Engineering we combine world-leading Engineering, Research and Development services with digital manufacturing expertise to create innovative and world-changing solutions on an international scale.
Our team is more than 52,000 engineers and scientists in over 30 countries across sectors including Software & Internet, Data and AI, Aeronautics, Automotive, Railways, Communications, Energy, Life Sciences, Semiconductors, Aerospace & Defense, and Consumer Products.
Do you want to get to know us better? Visit our website: https://capgemini-engineering.com/en/