Senior Data Engineer (Python)
Recruitment process for this position and onboarding trainings are conducted online.
Capgemini Engineering provides premium Software Engineering services to leading technology companies. Our customers usually range from startup to high-growth and VC-backed companies, which drives a culture of acceleration and innovation. We are sure that team extension is the only engagement model that works best.
The client is a global visual inspiration social media platform used by people around the world to shop products personalized to their taste, find ideas to do offline and discover the most inspiring creators. Today, more than 450 million people come to the platform every month to explore and experience billions of ideas that have been saved. The company monetizes its social media websites by selling digital advertising.
The project is all about Data processing. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work on one of the world's largest social media platform that deals with a few petabytes of data coming to the system daily. You will contribute as part of R&D self-organized team working in a challenging, innovative environment for our client. You are going to investigate, create, and implement the solutions for many technical challenges using cutting-edge technologies, including building/enhancing Big Data processing platform enabling work of software used by hundreds of millions of users.
The team is am international one; all team members are divided into Scrum teams consisting of 5-7 people.
What do you need to start?
- University degree in Computer Science or similar;
- 5+ years of hands-on Python experience with frameworks Flask/CPython/PyPy/FastAPI/Falcon at the position of a Data Engineer;
- Knowledge of PySpark;
- Extensive experience with Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes;
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies and concepts;
- Hands-on experience in performance tuning and scaling high throughput;
- Strong experience in ensuring the integrity and freshness of the data while working on Data Mart, as well as cost attribution frameworks for various multi-tenant platforms;
- Familiarity with high code quality, automated testing, unit testing, debugging, and other engineering best practices;
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS EC2 preferred);
- Upper-Intermediate level of English, spoken and written.
It's not essential but we appreciate if you also have:
- Experience with AWS (AWS EC2 in particular);
- Experience with GraphQL.
What are you going to do?
- Prepare functional and design specifications, approve them with all the stakeholders;
- Evaluate and optimize the existing data systems;
- Update and optimize the local and metadata models;
- Evaluate the implemented data systems for variances, discrepancies, and efficiency;
- Understand the business drivers and analytical use-cases and translate these to data products;
- Design, implement, and maintain pipelines that produce business critical data reliably and efficiently using cloud technology;
- Initiate and conduct code reviews, create code standards, conventions, and guidelines;
- Suggest technical and functional improvements to add value to the product.
What have we prepared for you?
Space where you can develop yourself:
- Focus on Innovation and R&D: while working at Capgemini Engineering, you will be using cutting-edge technologies to work on global international projects (both large scale ones and start-ups) to gain multi-sector expertise;
- Training/Learning opportunities: external courses, education & certificates co-funding, 70+ certification preparation pathways with further certification (e.g. MS Azure, AWS, Google) on our NEXT learning platform as well as a free access to Pluralsight, Service Now, TED Talks, Coursera courses, and virtual trainings.
Our famous atmosphere:
Capgemini Engineering is recognized for its flexibility when it comes to its employees’ preferences, caring for the employees’ well-being, and promoting its own values. We are trying our best to match the project with the talent. We also give our team members an opportunity to choose what career path they want to pursue.
A lot of benefits:
- Elastic working hours;
- Private medical care that can be extended by a package of dental services purchased on preferential terms;
- Private life insurance which can be extended by oncology package purchased on preferential terms;
- Referral bonuses for recommending your friends to Capgemini Engineering;
- Access to our NAIS benefit platform (40+ options available: Netflix, Spotify, Multisport, cinema tickets, etc.);
- Offices in great locations, a car leasing program, carpooling options, and bicycle parking.
Who are we?
As an integral part of the Capgemini Group, at Capgemini Engineering we combine world-leading Engineering, Research and Development services with digital manufacturing expertise to create innovative and world-changing solutions on an international scale.
Our team is more than 52,000 engineers and scientists in over 30 countries across sectors including Software & Internet, Data and AI, Aeronautics, Automotive, Railways, Communications, Energy, Life Sciences, Semiconductors, Aerospace & Defense, and Consumer Products.
Do you want to get to know us better? Visit our website: https://capgemini-engineering.com/en/