Our client has been a central figure in the Europe property development market for more than 100 years. They propose a unique model which centres its development on growth and the human factor. Due to the success the Group is experiencing in Poland, Michael Page has been retained to help identify a Head of Development to be based in Warsaw, and who will become the CEO's right hand. He/She will be sourcing and developing office, residential, hotel, and mixed use development projects in Poland.
What's on Offer
- A very competitive salary with a good bonus & benefits package
- Responsible position and a wide range of competences
- A real impact on the further development of the company
- Assess new opportunities and lead the acquisition process.
- Identify, source, acquire and manage projects throughout the development process, and optimise financial returns.
- Define optimal design and products suitable and viable for the Polish market.
- Conduct feasibility, viability studies, and manage profitability and returns on capital's expenditure.
- Define the development team and scope of architects, engineers, main contractors, etc.
- Manage the planning process with internal & external support.
- Monitor, together with the Technical Director, the construction process.
- Manage, with internal support, the leasing and sales processes for each project.
- Define and implement, together with the CEO, the development strategy.
- Monitor project construction budgets, sales and leasing trends, and compare to the original feasibility assumptions.
- Closely monitor the sales process of the developments, and adjust them where necessary.
- Propose new Joint Venture development opportunities to the Investment Committees.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered for this position you must be a provena proven developer with a track record of delivering multi-asset projects: offices, residential, hotels and retail. You will be key point of contact for public authorities, and provide front-end advice to the CEO and Technical Director for the Polish property sectors. We are looking for an experienced Real Estate Development professional, with experience on large scale complex schemes from inception through to completion, and has delivered projects across multiple European markets, ideally for an international developer. Due to the nature of the role, the Head of Development will be optimising the processes for early feasibility & viability studies, and setting up structured reporting procedures. You will need to possess a strong financial acumen, combined with a creative problem solving, and analytical ability as well as having strong negotiation skills.