Based in Ada, Michigan, Amway is one of the world's leading direct sales companies. We operate in more than 50 countries around the world offering a variety of products: health, beauty and home care. Amway Business Services Center was established in March 2010 to provide state of the art service to corporate operations across Europe, India and Africa. From graduates to highly qualified experts we hire the best professionals in the fields of Finance, Customer Service, Marketing, IT and HR. Here, you have the opportunity to add value and be valued – to achieve your professional goals and work with truly exceptional people. We believe in your potential and we value your talents.
Currently we are looking for a person for the position of:
Purpose of Role:
Assist Manager Global Indirect Tax in providing VAT support for Amway’s worldwide operations. Acts as key contact for European VAT matters for the Krakow Finance Team (e.g. Business Controller Group, GL, etc.). Supports and reviews the monthly and annual VAT returns and statistical reporting. Coordinates regularly with the local outside service providers and monitors, compliance status, changes in tax regulations, and considers the impact on the Amway business, processes and systems.
- Review monthly VAT Returns and work closely with the Manager Global Indirect Tax and the local outside Service Provider to correct and adjust any misstatements on the returns and provide technical support to internal team.
- Ensure timely filing of returns, and timely payment of taxes
- Primary contact to outside service provider responsible for the VAT returns.
VAT in general
- Detection and evaluation of risks as well as opportunities regarding respective tax issues
- Provision of advice on value added tax to the organization as well as ensuring the organization to be up-to-date on changes in tax legislations
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as well as manage Tax Authorities audit queries as required
- Supports the VAT Manager on queries, reporting, ad-hoc projects and in managing and monitoring internal controls for the VAT processes
- For VAT, works closely with Finance team to ensure timely responding to tax questions raised by the tax authority or the local outside Service Provider
- Optimization of internal processes
- Perform training regarding VAT matters in order to equip staff with skills needed to meet defined standards of excellence
- Provide reporting to management/senior management on issues and projects.
Profile we look for
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other degree with equivalent accounting experience.
- At least 3 years tax experience. Experience from an accounting firm and ideally from a company
- Very good VAT knowledge in respect of EU transactions
- Strong accounting skills (US GAAP)
- Fluency in the English language (written and verbal)
- Experience with ERP systems (ideally Oracle) and Hyperion
- Strong computer technical skills - MS Office
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Good project management skills
- Communicates information clearly and concisely
- Maintains positive relations and appropriately involves others in decisions and plans
What we offer
- Numerous company events (family picnics, Christmas parties, Carnival balls, Away Days, International and Product days)
- International team environment
- Benefits: Private medical care, MyBenefit, Life insurance
- Fresh fruits every Monday
- Employee training (induction training, “Amway University” portfolio, language training, professional certification)
- Product discount
- Relocation package for candidates outside Poland
How to apply
If you are interested in this job, please send your application via "Apply" button.
The following statement should be enclosed to your application:
"I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by Amway Business Centre-Europe Sp. z o.o. located in Zabierzów (adres: Krakowska 280 str., 32-080 Zabierzów) for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments)."