Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
We are looking for a talented, technical excellent and self-motivating Java Developers to join our Fintech Systems organization in Krakow. This position is primarily responsible for development of business critical applications using the latest Java and Web technologies. This position requires a skilled individual who can contribute in a mature and proactive way to all phases of project lifecycle – i.e. more broadly then in a pure development role.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, take the next step by submitting your resume.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Contribute to requirements definition - contribute technical expertise to defining application requirements in collaboration with business analysts, business representatives and others. Individual must be able to streamline as well as record requirements, perform gap analysis and offer functionality options where appropriate.
- Contribute to application design - create proofs of concept or prototypes if required; contribute to technical design of applications; contribute to database / data model design.
- Develop application functionality which meets business requirements with high quality within given deadlines - develop maintainable, well-documented application functionality with an eye toward standardization, common components, simplicity, performance, robustness and other attributes of enterprise-strength solutions.
- Thoroughly test all functionality - utilize detailed and thorough practices including negative testing, testing of boundary conditions, etc., and work collaboratively with business areas to support UAT testing.
- Provide responsive support for business areas - quickly resolve issues encountered by business lines in the production environment, maintaining a helpful, “high touch” approach to working with business users
Qualifications for your role would include:
- Java – must have strong experience in core Java
- Spring framework – must have experience with Spring (Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Security, Spring Boot)
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
- Knowledge and applying SOLID principles in practice
- Experience with WebServices (SOAP, REST)
- Must understand principles of data modeling
- SQL – must be able to write moderate complexity SQL queries
- Experience with ORM frameworks (JPA, Hibernate, OpenJPA)
- Experience with test framework: JUnit, Spock, Mockito
- Fluent English
Technical attributes – highly desirable:
- Automated build platforms/continuous integration experience and knowledge (Jenkins, maven, gradle)
- Knowledge and applying TDD principles in practice
- Ability to interpret and troubleshoot applications using logs (troubleshooting Java memory issues, analyzing java heap/thread dumps, troubleshooting application issues)
- Experience with Unix platforms
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
Technical attributes – nice to have:
- Experience with message queue brokers
- Prior experience with Tomcat
- Experience with databases (Oracle)
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with applying DDD principles in practice
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communicator, keen to collaborate and share knowledge
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself — without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of other