EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our organization helps companies in business across all industries to identify and capitalize on business opportunities. As a leading professional service organization, EY is present in 140 countries worldwide and employs over 160 000 people. We offer our clients, which are small, medium-sized companies and international corporations, a broad array of services in audit, tax and advisory.
With our breadth of service offerings you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.
Join our fast growing Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR) team as a Senior Consultant in Polandand you will have the opportunity to work on EY’s largest multi-country client engagements within our EMEIA Tax Center. We deploy strong multi-skilled teams working seamlessly across countries and service lines, with major hubs in UK, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Romania and Poland.
Your key responsibilities
- Act as central point of contact – liaise with your international clients and colleagues with respect to European VAT and VAT compliance
- Monitoring the quality of the indirect tax data and reports of your clients
- Review and approve indirect tax returns
- Follow up on legislative changes and business changes in order to ensure that the systems and/or processes are updated
- Identify issues and opportunities to continuously improve the VAT compliance processes
- Coordinate VAT compliance advisory, technology and audit support
- Coordinate with other VAT controllers and report to the client’s Process Owner at EY (senior manager or above)
- Supervise and coach junior team members
- Actively participate to the training and coaching session in your development plan to ensure continuous development of your technical knowledge
Skills and attributes for success
- Dynamic, innovative & problem resolution focus with strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player with project management capabilities
- Highly motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team
- A desire to learn and develop into the role
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor/Master degree in economics, potentially with a supplementary degree in fiscal matters
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience in EMEIA VAT compliance, either in industry or with other service providers
- Basic understanding of other compliance activities such as statutory accounting and corporate tax compliance
- Basic understanding of IT-systems and VAT/GST reporting solutions
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Fluent in English – written and spoken. Any additional European language is an asset
- Excellent communication across cultures and within a virtual working environment
What we look for
- Experienced professionals who want to join our fast-growing team and accept the challenge to provide high quality service to our clients and to continuously improve
Jesteśmy globalną firmą doradczą - pomagamy przedsiębiorcom, organizacjom i społecznościom najlepiej wykorzystać swój potencjał.
Realizujemy projekty w zakresie: Audytu, Doradztwa Podatkowego, Transakcyjnego i Biznesowego (w tym IT). Zatrudniamy ponad 240 000 wyjątkowych ludzi w ponad 150 krajach na świecie.
W Polsce jest nas ponad 2800, a pracujemy w: Warszawie, Gdańsku, Katowicach, Krakowie, Łodzi, Poznaniu i Wrocławiu. Codziennie tworzymy razem niesamowite rzeczy.
Mamy ludzi, ścieżkę rozwoju i szkolenia, dzięki którym również Ty poradzisz sobie z najbardziej prestiżowymi projektami.
EY jest pracodawcą równych szans, doceniamy różnorodność w zakresie wiedzy i doświadczenia naszych pracowników. EY zapewnia wszystkim kandydatom jednakowe szanse w procesie rekrutacji, niezależnie od płci, wieku, rasy, wyznania, orientacji seksualnej, pochodzenia, niepełnosprawności lub jakiejkolwiek innej prawnie chronionej podstawy, zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.