Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. You are driven to get things done and view obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Project Analyst in Fund Order & Custody!
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting an Analyst to join our Fund Order & Custody team. The FO&C Project Analyst is responsible for management of testing activities within Fund Order & Custody Department. The main responsibilities would be participating in calls and discussions on new projects, reviewing documentation (BRDs, CSDs, CRs etc), assessing impacts for FO&C area as well as coordinating the testing effort with assigned business representatives and making sure the testing effort is properly recorded in the system. Project analyst in Fund Order & Custody would need to ensure all business representatives have necessary accesses and knowledge for testing and that the system environment is prepared for Fund Order & Custody testing efforts (data prep).
To be Successful you’ll need to:
- Participate in calls and discussions on new projects representing Krakow Fund Order & Custody Department
- Review the technical and business documentation and creating ones if needed (BRDs, CSDs, CRs etc)
- Analyze the impacts on the changes and ensuring the correct testing is being performed (UAT, Regression)
- Write scripts, making sure the Quality Center is always updated with progress on the testing, back ups and defects raised
- Coordinating testing within assigned resources and making sure the progress is being made and all issues reported
- Take active part in all testing activities covered for FO&C Krakow
- Ensure the testing environment is set up to test Fund Order & Custody transactions/actions and doing data prep where it is needed
- Ensure all accesses are in place for assigned testing resources
- Manage several projects efficiently with limited resources and tight deadlines
- Escalate heavy volumes and complex cases
- Escalate and resolve high exposure and complex items
- Interact with other BBH departments on resolution of issues.
- Gain efficiencies to improve individual productivity.
- Monitor and assist in the resolution of issues. Follow up on open inquiries.
- Build relationships at all levels both within and outside the organization
- Ensures adherence to all established policies, procedures, controls and compliance guidelines
- Communicates professionally and constructively to resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure
- BS/BA degree
- 3 to 5 years of industry experience (Mutual Funds or Trade Processing/Trade Management experience is a plus)
- Research, analysis and problem resolution skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Proficient with Excel (especially VLOOKUPs and Pivot tables)
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong decision- making skills
- Good at working independently and in a team environment
- Proactive self-starter
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others