Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Senior Accounting Specialist
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Senior Accounting Specialist to join our Controllers Poland Team with the main focus on Foreign Exchange (FX) accounting and other accounting activities (incl. ongoing support to Accounts Payable Team). In this role you will be responsible for ensuring that the FX products are fairly valued and are accurately and completely recorded on the Firm’s books. Senior Accounting Specialist will be also responsible for a daily preparation of the FX P&L and all associated adjustments related to FX.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- performing monthly analysis (including explanations for the change in P&L from the prior months
- processing of firm related expenses for payment and posting them to the general ledger
- supporting the FX Product Controller in work related to new initiatives, system replacements and enhancements related to FX
- processing Travel & Entertainment expenses in Concur application
- vendor invoice processing
- maintaining Vendor Master Data (including vendor call backs)
- contact with internal customers and external vendors
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics and/or equivalent work experience;
- 2+ years of experience in accounting;
- FX experience is a plus;
- Accounting skills and understanding of financial statements.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills;
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills;
- Ability to plan and execute activities with little direction;
- Well-organized and detail oriented;
- Client service orientation;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.