Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
As Senior Client Service Representative, you’ll perform reviews of daily service and transaction work and actively participate in the execution of client account conversions and transitions. Your experience in customer service and, preferably, in the fund industry will enable you to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. You will serve as a primary contact for clients (internal and external) and provide timely and accurate completion of all client deliverables and inquiries. To be successful, you’ll need to be customer oriented, well organized, team oriented and eager to learn.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, take the next step by submitting your resume.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Proactive responding to custody related client inquiries on a daily basis providing quality, accurate and timely service
- Ensuring clients expectations and deadlines are met
- Working with internal departments to prioritize client requests, deliverables and issue resolution
- Utilizing relevant internal technology solutions to effectively manage client inquiries
- Introducing and familiarizing clients with new technology, automation tools and products
- Completing periodic client reporting requirements
- Assisting in maintaining and reporting on client service-related metrics
- Participating in team-based project work and audits
- Monitoring receipt of all client documentation (tax, KYC, account information, authorized signers, etc.) and analyze exposure of missing documentation to BBH/client
- Ensuring proper escalation and follow through on claims
- Ensuring department procedures and controls are followed and adhered to
- Reporting exceptions, errors or issues immediately to management.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in finance industry
- Prior experience working in client servicing role preferred
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) required
- Ability to effectively prioritize and resolve client needs
- Ability to build and maintain internal and external client relationships
- Ability to learn and utilize new technologies to research, analyze, and resolve client needs
- Experience in reporting and managing multiple data sources
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Excel
- (Knowledge of Japanese language and understanding of Japanese culture are preferred but not required)
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.