Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Learning Operations Specialist
As a Learning Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting the data and systems that enable us to deliver our global learning strategy. The Learning Operations specialist provides day-to-day management of our learning systems, delivers regular data analysis, and creates operational efficiencies to ensure our Learning & Development function is providing learning solutions that are accessible and available to our learners at the time of need. This includes supporting the ongoing evaluation of our Learning Management System (LMS) including implementation, configuration, and maintenance of any new LMS. This position is also responsible for executing all learning operations, including learning reporting and analytics, supplier management, process documentation, budget tracking, responding to employee inquiries via our internal ticketing system, Ask HRdirect, and partnering with Compliance and Risk stakeholders to administer their training through the LMS.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide administration support for our LMS, including content management, troubleshooting and reporting
- Understand business requirements, design and document procedures, test system enhancements and participate in change management activities
- Execute the Supplier Management process for T&D; be a T&D subject matter expert on the process, providing support and guidance throughout the process
- Run regular reports on learning activities for the L&D team as directed by the Learning Operations Manager
- Respond to BBH Academy Ask HRdirect inquiries according to SLAs
- Share your wealth of LMS knowledge with the global business admin and front-line user support admin communities
- Execute classroom and non-classroom offerings; including coordination of logistics, pre/post-work, course materials, liaising with vendors, room setup, scheduling, system access, enrollments, communication, surveys/measures of success
- Present BBH material during onboarding and other BBH events as needed
- Process and track invoices for all T&D Learning solutions
- Support the execution of regularly scheduled Compliance and Risk training via the LMS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 1 year of experience configuring, administering and analyzing HR and/or Learning Management Systems
- Proven experience collaborating on product enhancement or implementation projects
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel; and the ability to learn new applications and technologies quickly
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience designing and delivering systems training for end users
- Ability to prioritize and manage your time effectively across a range of tasks and projects
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the firm
- Strong client service and relationship management skills
- Ability to work effectively in team environment while remaining responsible and accountable for results.
- Is proactive, takes initiative and assumes ownership of successful outcomes, is willing to speak up when something needs to be escalated or there’s opportunity for improvement
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others