Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
As the Junior Fund Accountant you will be responsible for specialized accounting support of commingled investment portfolios within the business line. Leveraging our fund accounting technology, Fund Accountants will complete one or more key aspects of net asset value execution including; transactions, capital stock, expenses, corporate actions, cash, and special handling, as well as break identification and resolution. Junior Fund Accountants ensure daily accounting deliverables are timely and accurate.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Processing transactions
- Verifying information
- Escalating problem items
- Managing daily volume.
- Ensuring daily output maintains department/team standards for quality and timeliness.
- Helping to ensure team deadlines and/or requirements are being met.
- Managing daily production reporting.
- Monitoring and assisting in the resolution of issues
- Following up on open inquiries
- Interacting with other BBH departments
- Communicating professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure
- Contributing to Management Reporting (ie: Clarity, PVC’s, past dues, cash breaks, analysis).
- BA/BS degree
- Experience in financial industry would be an asset
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to identify, escalate and resolve a problem.
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work in Polish holidays
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.