Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
As Senior Developer / Tech Lead you will join Markets Systems group which is responsible for a variety of trading platforms and client facing technology solutions. You will be working on market leading applications for Securities Lending department and be exposed to broad range of projects. You will be part of Krakow based team of Developers, Business Analysts and Testers, working collaboratively with teams in Boston and London to deliver high quality products. You will be responsible for architecture design, research, technology evaluation and development of complex applications. We are looking for highly skilled, team orientated individuals who can contribute in a mature and proactive way to all phases of a project lifecycle. In this role you will also have direct oversight of a moderate-sized team of developers and analysts in Krakow office.
Character attributes - must-have
- Organized - High degree of personal organization & structured approach to problems
- Proactive - Actively seeks to determine upcoming risks & issues and address them
- Collaborative - Genuinely interested in helping others and in sharing information
- Integrity - Places higher value on honesty and ethical behavior than personal advantage
- Communication - Excellent English language skills; strive to be inclusive and to communicate frequently & clearly
- Development - Desire to continue to learn new skills and develop professionally.
Technical attributes - must-have
- 5+ years of experience
- Must be proficient in the Java language & core libraries
- High proficiency in development practices: unit testing, Continuous Integration, refactoring, clean code
- Spring/JEE platform – must have experience with Spring (Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Security) or JEE platform (CDI, JPA, EJB, JAX-RS, JAX-WS)
- Must know, use and understand Design Patterns and Object Oriented Design and Principles
- Must understand basic principles of data modeling
- Experience with test frameworks: JUnit, TestNG, Mockito
- Tools: Jenkins, SVN/GIT, Maven
Technical attributes - nice to have
- Web technical stack - experience developing web applications in Java ( REST services, websockets )
- Tools: Websphere, Tomcat
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself — without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of other