State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Accounting Manager, AVP
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-623696
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
- To support key decision makers in developing vision for future growth of FSSC;
- To manage the delivery teams;
- To coordinate processes currently in transition;
- To manage and coordinate relationship with outsourcing business partners;
- To drive quality and process improvement initiatives on regional and global level;
- To promote best practices across functions and across countries within the region of scope.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Maintain close contact with his/her direct Manager, briefing him/her on all issues and problems both actual and potential;
- Develop and maintain good relationships with relevant colleagues in other company’s departments and contacts in Donor Sites;
- Act as focal point for contacts and meetings with Clients at operational [regular team deliverables] level;
- Participate in Service Reviews and ad hoc Client/Donor site meetings as requested accordingly to his/her role;
- Act as a source of technical expertise on State Street systems and applications including Donor Site software;
- Delegate and execute responsibilities and value added tasks to team members;
- Time and priority self-management in line with objectives set by direct manager. Come up with the planning initiatives;
- When and where applicable and directed by Manager manage shadowing of accounting processes at the local country during the transition period. Manage preparation of the transition documentation according to the instructions;
- Coordination and supervision over the Team Leaders’ work;
- Monitor and confirm to direct Manager completeness of tasks delivery;
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients;
- Conduct regular and structured team meetings on operational [regular team deliverables] level, ensuring action points are followed up;
- Support his/her direct manager in establish and maintaining good working relationships with donor site and colleagues, communicating effectively through formalized reporting and ad hoc liaison;
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales;
- Ensure that his/her direct manager is kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service being given;
- Master Degree in Finance, Accountancy or Business related degree;
- Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be advantageous;
- Fluency in English;
- Very good numerical and analytical skills;
- Very good working knowledge of Excel and Power Point;
- Very good self and team time management skills;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills as well as task hierarchy set up skills;
- Ability to observing and preventing potential issues; being proactive;
- Attention to detail crucial;
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.