State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Senior Fund Accountant, Associate 2
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-624361
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. We’re a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
Purpose of Role:
Under the supervision of the Team Supervisor, the Senior Fund Accountant is responsible for monitoring all accounting related functions on Funds which are the responsibility of the Senior Fund Accountant’s assigned Team. As an experienced fund administrator, the Senior Fund Accountant provides a key role in training, and developing the newer members of the team.
REVIEWING WORK AND ASSISTING TEAM SUPERVISOR:
- Reviews Fund components and completes the reviewers’ checklist.
- Liaises with other internal clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies.
- Takes leading role with Team Supervisor in liaising with other sites on all aspects of service.
- Assists Team Supervisor in the organization of the Team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Assists Team Supervisor in implementing new procedures and controls.
REVIEW OF FUND NET ASSET VALUE:
- Reviews and verifies completed Net Asset Value performed by Fund Accountants (with the NAV accuracy goal being 100%) in accordance with agreed timelines.
- Monitors, proves, and reviews for reasonability the Fund valuation components.
REPORTING AND RECONCILIATION – ACCOUNTING RELATED:
- Reviews account balances per trial balance to account balances per subsidiary ledgers, assists and provides direction to staff in resolving discrepancies. Intervenes directly to resolve differences where required.
- Review, sign and date fund accounting checklist when required.
- Assists where required in preparing monthly reports, and reviews reports prepared by team.
- Assists in preparation and review of country-specific reports, management reports and other information requirements.
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing
- An understanding of fund administration is a plus
- Excellent English
- 2+ years of professional experience in financial services industry
- Competitive benefits and salary package (employee savings plan, Life insurance premium package, VIP medical package and many others)
- An International operating environment
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.