State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Systems Operations and Administration Specialist, Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-624711
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Global Systems Support (GSS) have an exciting opportunity for individuals with a troubleshooting mindset to learn more about State Street Core applications across Global Services. GSS is a Global Team within State Street’s IT organization and provides critical business functional application support to end users of business- and client- facing technologies, through both day-to-day queries and larger scale project work. This role is focused towards candidates with an appreciation of daily fund accounting and custody services. It will enable the successful candidate to increase their experience and appreciate the end to end application processing that underpins key deliverables across Global Services.
- Provide functional support to end users of business applications / technologies in EMEA, covering key deliverable across Fund Accounting and Cash / Custody Services
- Resolve and or facilitate resolution of issues / incidents that the service desk (tier 1) is unable to resolve, simulating and recreating issues as needed and providing solutions by working with IT partners via the Corporate ticketing process
- Interact closely with IT infrastructure and Development groups as part of incident and problem management, playing an important role in incident management and communication for critical services providing input in the identification and correction of root causes as appropriate
- Utilizing extensive end to end application functional knowledge to support and provide analysis (as planned) for business driven projects e.g. operating model changes / significant implementations / conversions
- Establishing process improvement, working closely with teams across IT to highlight business challenges and seeking better solutions and efficiencies within IT or between business and IT
- Contribute to MIS governance responsibilities for the Application Support function with focus on monitoring of team performance, chronic application analysis issues and internal continuous improvement exercises to drive team efficiencies
- Direct Client interactions IT – IT required depending on key area of responsibility
Skills and Experience:
- Problem solving ability is critical to this role therefore a candidate with a proven history in this area is sought.
- An analytical mindset to observe and learn quickly are also key characteristics of the role.
- Previous business functional knowledge of core applications as a business user is an important advantage
- Excellent communication skills are sought, and experience working with external clients is of benefit.
- The role requires a candidate that can work with people at all levels of the organization.
- The team operates under a range of time pressures, so the ability to work independently, managing time between multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities for ongoing streams of work, is also important.
- A key empathy for external and internal client service / deadlines and being able to manage expectations effectively, will be required.
- A good team player
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure possessing good analytical skills
- Ability to multi manage effectively based on differing priorities
- Flexible towards covering team shift patterns and occasional Weekend cover
- High level of risk awareness
- Self motivated
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.