One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
Therefore, we are building up a Center of Expertise which in addition to Finance Business Partners and GBS Finance is one of the three key pillars of our service delivery model. The Finance Controlling & Planning CoE has the responsibility, working closely with the division and country organizations to: # Drive Controlling & Planning standardization.
You will play a key role in financial controlling working for Swiss ABB industrial entities. Leveraging your technical Controlling and Systems domain expertise, you will provide reliable and timely analysis of financial results, budget, and forecasts in order to support business leaders and stakeholders in decision making.
- Supporting preparation of relevant organization financial reporting, business planning, budgeting and forecasting and validate accuracy of financial data and business information and reports by performing reconciliation and review of exceptions
- Maintaining and verifying financial systems parameters, set-up and functioning
- Performing analysis of business performance versus budget and forecast and benchmarking of key performance indicators with external and internal peers
- Working with other financial professionals in Divisions / Regions / Countries and functions to understand and analyze the drivers of financial performance and identify trends
- Collaborating with key members of the business to identify areas for improvement and propose corrective actions and cost saving initiatives to protect and increase profitability.
- Supporting initiatives to achieve excellence in financial controlling and improvement of controlling processes and tools.
- Facilitating knowledge and best practice sharing within the Finance community.
- Organizing and delivering training on various controlling tools and processes.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A Master degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- More than 10 years of experience in industrial Controlling or FP&A. Project Controlling experience necessary, Plant (Factory) Controlling a plus.
- Advanced SAP expertise, including FI & CO modules, systems migrations experience beneficial.
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to multitask.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of end-to-end process, systems and data flows across organization at business and finance-side and proficiency in IT systems: ERP, Planning & Reporting tools and integrated solutions.
- Advanced command of English. German knowledge an advantage.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
- Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
- Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
- Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
- Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
- Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
- Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation)”.
“I also consent to processing of my personal data for the purposes of any future recruitment processes”.