Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
As a recruiting Senior Financial Reporting Representative, you’ll drive (insert main component of the job). You will prepare full set of comprehensive annual and semi-annual financial statements for investment funds registered in Ireland, Luxembourg, United States and Cayman Islands under different accounting standards (Irish GAAP, IFRS, Luxembourg GAAP, US GAAP). You will be playing a key role in the training and development of new team members, communicating directly with clients (management of investment funds administered by Brown Brothers Harriman), liaising with fund auditors as well as providing support information and responding to internal and external queries.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being responsible for creating end to end comprehensive set of annual and semi-annual financial statements of the investment funds
- Supporting and/or leading global projects within Financial Reporting Department including standardization and workload optimization
- Close cooperation with external clients
- Taking active part in external audit process
- Coordinating data flow among multiple internal departments (accounting, trade)
- Primary degree in accounting/finance/mathematics related discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience in financial reporting, accountancy, audit or similar related finance function
- Great numerical and analytical ability
- Knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP, LUX GAAP, and Irish GAAP accounting frameworks will be an asset.
- Prior experience in investment funds industry will be an asset.
- Highly computer literate with strong Excel and Word skills.
What we offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.