Tax Team Manager's main accountabilities and activities will cover team management, coordination and ensuring a top quartile Indirect Tax Compliance process for the countries and taxes covered.
Lead a team of Indirect Tax Specialist delivering excellent Indirect Tax compliance process (by setting targets, properly allocating resources, gaining commitment for delivery, coaching and managing underperformance)
Ensure succession and knowledge retention in the team.
Manage tax return and the reconciliation process (to deliver accurate and timely tax returns and corresponding tax payments; and to manage risks of non compliance )
Cooperate with the stakeholders in the area of tax and/or business changes which might have impact on the tax settlements effectively manage and develop Tax team
Driving corrective actions within the Tax department to ensure compliance of the process with local tax regulations and internal procedures
Identification of the problems in compliance process operated by the Tax Department and assurance that identified problems get resolved,
Build operational excellence by driving continuous improvement opportunities to close value gap, ensuring that efficient and effective controls are in place, as well as encouraging team to improve efficiency of work and building culture of continuous improvement.
Develop team members by allocating work to build on strengths, active coaching for performance and development, managing a pipeline of successors for critical roles including own role.
Ensure resources required by effective recruitment and onboarding process, managing turnover and enhance knowledge retention.
- University degree, preferably in area of Finance and Accounting (accounting, law or tax working knowledge required)
- Must have at least 6 years work experience in various financial positions including experience in tax compliance or advisory.
- Experience in the managing teams in area of Tax or Finance will be an asset.
- Working knowledge and application of indirect tax, controls, standard streamline and accounting principles.
- Self-motivation and self-starting who is able to build and lead a team and manage/integrate with others in different functions and in a multicultural and diverse business environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including communication with senior stakeholders.
- Highly developed analytical skills with perceptive and clear think strategic abilities
- Fluent English
- Experience of working in a virtual environment.
- Knowledge of various ERP systems, MS Office, Word and MS Outlook
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Strong and proven experience in project management (Six Sigma Certification will be an asset)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects