State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Derivatives Manager, Officer
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-628091
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose Of Role:
Supporting financial derivatives processes for Derivatives Centre of Excellence. The Derivative Manager is responsible for supervising services provided by the group headed by Team Supervisor, ensuring operational projects administration and execution, as well as identification of potential risk areas. The strong staff management and client servicing skills are required.
- Understands role of individual and department within Derivatives CoE and is able to navigate within department to achieve desired results.
- Carries out daily responsibilities independently with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Holds self and/or others accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments, deadlines, or milestones.
- Clearly communicates complex operational or technical subjects to internal or external clients, both in formal and informal settings.
- Viewed by subordinates, superiors, and external clients as demonstrating maturity, professional conduct and common courtesy.
- Supports and motivates others to reach goals.
- Utilizes diverse workforce and talent to attain individual, team, and department goals
- Shows a positive attitude in changing organizational situations
Leadership and Management
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports.
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behaviour; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for the Senior Associate(s) and/or A2s within your charge.
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to Senior Associate(s) and /or A2s on technical, professional and client issues.
- Agree goals for Senior Associate(s) and/or A2s & team annually and keep up to date on the PPR system during the year.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of Senior Associate(s) and/or A2s - providing regular formal and informal feedback ensuring the PPR system is updated within corporate deadlines.
- Manage resources & take responsibility for the recruitment of new staff.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives. Supervises subordinates and interacts with supervisors, other functional areas, management and internal/external clients to complete objectives. Makes decisions by applying department and company policies.
- Develops and directs work schedules and monitors work flow to achieve established goals and objectives for Derivatives CoE.
- Thorough supervision of activities, impacts budgets, costs, and schedules. Responsible for recommending changes in guidelines, procedure, and policies: faulty decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays and result in additional expenditure of time, human resources, and funds.
- Reporting to a Senior Fund Accounting Manager, responsible for a team/teams. Second level of supervision to Team Supervisor.
- Exposed to daily operational duties and any other non-business aspects that may influence department, e.g. personnel actions including employment, termination, performance reviews and performance improvement plans conduction.
Work Parameters Or Boundaries:
State Street Employee Handbook
Internal Procedures Manual
Performance Planning and Review System (PPR)
Specific Qualifications / Skills:
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Confident in dealing with all situations; Excellent Communication; Organisational and Report Writing skills; Proficient in the use of MS Office tools including Word and Excel.
- Proven experience of team management in a financial services environment.
Level Of Education:
Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent.
Previous Level Of Experience:
4+ years working in the provision of fund administration services or have worked in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years.
- Exercise sound judgment in all matters
- Leverage knowledge and technology to ensure optimal results
- Drive execution of all client and business related tasks
- Provide outstanding service to all client/s - internally & externally
- Communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Display organizational insight & influence
- Foster collaboration & team work
- Develop talent
- Leader / Motivator
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.