State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
HR Specialist, Associate 2
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-628154
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose of Role:
Whilst reporting to the Payroll Operations Manager this role within GHR Shared Services is required to provide a hands on focus primarily responsible for the Payroll & HR Operations team including accountability of all associated compliance and statutory reporting activities.
This role has a high level of focus on Payroll and HR Administration Governance Compliance Data Protection Employment Tax and HR Administration in a complex operating model and compensation structure.
This position requires an experienced HR Operations professional with strong technical and business process skills and the ability to interact at all levels of the organization. A requirement to demonstrate a flexible approach and ability to work under strict deadlines is essential.
Continually execute the GHR Shared Services Strategy to ensure alignment to corporate and GHR goals:
- Ensure maintenance of technical knowledge and active role when looking at legislative changes and trends to assess and impact future strategy.
- Operationalize end-to-end local regulatory requirements and internal policies and programs as well as those of other corporate groups into the daily operations of HR; global regional and local outsourced administrative vendors.
- Creates reviews and updates policies and procedures within HR Shared Services as needed that includes design preparation and implementation of new HR processes.
- Responsibility for continuous improvement of processes. Independent in creation modification and implementation of new processes/policies.
- Coordinates and ensures effective and timely flow of critical information to all relevant parties/vendors/third parties and follows up on administrative details.
- Prepares and distributes standard and ad hoc HR reports within specified guidelines.
- Manages employee queries related to a wide range of HR administration processes.
- Responsible for building and maintaining close relationship vendors.
- Supports junior colleagues – providing guidance especially in the area of HR administration.
- Tracking changes in labor law share knowledge with team members.
- Ensure a focus on maintaining data privacy in line with global and local requirements across HR.
- Demonstrate the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture in your behavior.
- Working on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Effectively communicate and collaboration with all leadership levels as a key partner and local lead.
Skills and Experience -
- 1 or more years’ experience in Polish HR Administration position with a strong understanding of best practice around controls regulations, tax compliance and working with outsourced providers.
- Fluency in written and oral Polish andEnglish (very good level).
- Very good Excel skills (practical usage of various functions i.e. pivot tables v-look up others).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Polish labour code.
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to deliver high quality work and to work under pressure with attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and management and handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Flexible “can do” attitude.
- Team player with a strong customer focus.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work in a dynamic business environment.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Team player with a strong customer focus.
- Working knowledge of HR and payroll systems required with Workday experience a plus.
- Ability to focus on the customer.
- Embraces culture of risk excellence.
- Strong interpersonal influencing and customer service skills.
- Uses independent action judgment and decision-making.
- Demonstrates flexibility to meet changing business needs and priorities.
- Displays a positive attitude toward work and the work environment.
- Cooperates and works well with others.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.