Based in Ada, Michigan, Amway is one of the world's leading direct sales companies. We operate in more than 50 countries around the world offering a variety of products: health, beauty and home care. Amway Business Services Center was established in March 2010 to provide state of the art service to corporate operations across Europe, India and Africa. From graduates to highly qualified experts we hire the best professionals in the fields of Finance, Customer Service, Marketing, IT and HR. Here, you have the opportunity to add value and be valued – to achieve your professional goals and work with truly exceptional people. We believe in your potential and we value your talents.
Currently we are looking for a person for the position of:
Process Automation Specialist (Tax)
Process Automation Specialist (Tax)
- Assist in managing the strategic development, planning, implementation, and monitoring of Technologies to be used within the Tax Department globally to create standardized and efficient tax processes.
- Work closely with other team members from the other tax competencies in supporting their requirements to provide critical compliance through technology.
- Assist with driving process improvements through technological developments within the tax department.
- Enable streamlining to achieve operational efficiencies, benchmarking, and development of performance metrics.
- Lead projects with team members from across the tax department to integrate and transform tax processes.
- Simplify, standardize, integrate, document requirements and facilitate development of automated solutions that impact the US and Foreign affiliates.
- Collaborate with other functions to identify operational efficiencies between the tax department and other functions within finance.
- Assist in managing expectations and partnership with the Amway IT department, where applicable.
- Assist in facilitating collaboration on ways to efficiently achieve results by leveraging technology or ERP functionality.
- Support processes to identify tax requirements for new business launches and other situations that require communication of tax requirements.
- Assist in managing outside consultants engaged to support projects and the day-to-day direction provided.
- Assist the design, implement, support and maintenance tax software applications and custom tax systems.
- Assist with the end user training and documentation of all tax technologies.
- Manage and maintain a rolling Technology Roadmap to be leveraged for short, mid & long-term objective setting.
- Assisting in managing and provide direction for workshopping activities and documentation around processes and integration of Technology.
- Assist in implementing and managing a “Continues Improvement” environment and framework for integration of Technology.
- Due to the physical location of this position at the GBS location, this position is responsible to:
- Work alongside the GBS and COE teams to ensure that the various Financial Systems (EBS, JDE Inspyrus, etc.) are accurately and timely maintained for the various tax requirements.
- Serve as a project manager within the GBS location to coordinate the scoping, design, testing, implementation, ongoing maintenance and continued improvement of the process and technology solutions that are implemented supporting the related tax processes specific to the GBS location.
- Support the GBS teams with the process and technologies in place to facilitate the exchange of data to and from Amway’s Global Outside Service provider for Tax supporting activities.
- Support driving standardization within and between the GBS locations related to the tax systems and solutions implemented.
- Build a strong partnership with the various GBS track teams and IT teams located in the GBS location.
Profile we look for
- University degree in Tax, Business, Finance, Informational Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field
- min. 3 years of professional experience
- Tax Knowledge - General knowledge & experience with direct and indirect tax systems and other types of tax compliance reporting requirements, including but not limited to, Transfer Price documentation requirements and Electronic Accounting & Invoice reporting requirements.
- Business/Finance Process Knowledge – General knowledge & experience with business and finance processes, including but not limited to, General Ledger Accounting, Chart of Accounts and Trial Balances, Accounts Receivable/Payable Process Flows, Master Data Management, Inventory Management and Fixed Asset Accounting.
- Analyze Data - Ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material. Ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Communicate Financial Information and Processes - Effectively communicating and presenting complex financial data and process flows (both verbally and written) to tax management and team members and other business partners.
- Strategic Thinking - Ability to think strategically and understand the broader view. Demonstrates an understanding of the long-term, "big picture" view of needs and opportunities.
- Project Manager - Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Critical Thinking - Ability to formulate conclusions and recommendations using facts and data, financial and business analysis, deductive reasoning and sound judgment.
- Consulting - Ability to effectively provide technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; knowledge of applicable tools and techniques to maximize consulting effectiveness.
- Relationship Management - Ability to develop and maintain effective and productive relationships, including ability to influence, negotiate and manage conflicts effectively and constructively with clients, vendors and peers.
- Knowledge of the Business – General knowledge of the business and the key internal and external drivers that affect the business, including financial, political and industry trends.
- Tax Technology & Related Business Systems Experience:
- Familiarity to experienced with multiple technology/tax systems:
- Tax Software Integration and Application
- Tax Configuration for ERP & other financial system/software
- ETL, BI & Automation tools (Alteryx, Power BI, VBA, scripting or programming language)
- Viz solutions (Tableau, Power BI, Dashboards)
- Database design/build and maintenance
- Familiarity with financial systems (ERP, Sales Order Management, AP Systems, etc.)
- Strong growth with project management skills, process design/re-engineering and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with tax system/solution design, implementation and testing as well as maintenance.
- Familiarity with documenting business requirements and working with IT departments to successfully implement solutions.
- Familiarity with providing training and developing process documentation/user manuals.
- Demonstrated application and understanding of fundamental business/finance concepts.
- Strong growth in understanding and application of tax concepts and direct & indirect global tax regimes.
- Leadership Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Include:
- Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and projects to ensure that work is completed efficiently and on time
- Takes Ownership of Results - Takes personal responsibility with clear link to overall performance/goals; monitors, documents with solid evidence, and evaluates performance via appropriate system
- Priority Management - Effectively oversees, coordinates, and integrates resources to support organizational goals; provides support and guidance to navigate the bureaucracy of the organization.
- Experience at a large Mutli-National Company or Consulting Firm
What we offer
- Numerous company events (family picnics, Christmas parties, Carnival balls, Away Days, International and Product days)
- International team environment
- Benefits: Private medical care, MyBenefit, Life insurance
- Fresh fruits every Monday
- Employee training (induction training, “Amway University” portfolio, language training, professional certification)
- Product discount
- Relocation package for candidates outside Poland
How to apply
If you are interested in this job, please send your application via "Apply" button.
The following statement should be enclosed to your application:
"I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by Amway Business Centre-Europe Sp. z o.o. located in Zabierzów (adres: Krakowska 280 str., 32-080 Zabierzów) for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments)."