Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. You are driven to get things done and view obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Supervisor in Fund Order Processing Team!
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting a Supervisor to join our Fund Order Processing team. In this role you will be responsible for the effective direction and supervision of a team of employees within Mutual Funds Fund Order Processing Team. A Supervisor would assist the staff with day to day processing activities in order to provide the team with constructive feedback and ensure standards of quality and controls are met. A Supervisor is responsible for all of the responsibilities of the team including processing orders to the market, ensuring adherence to procedures and SLA’s. Supervisors also provide mentoring support to Ops Specialists and serve as subject matter experts for internal and external parties.
To be Successful you’ll need to:
- Be able to work under time pressure and multiple deadlines during a day
- Ensures daily output standards, both quality and timeliness, are met for the team
- Ensures adherence to all established policies, procedures, controls and compliance guidelines
- Monitors volume, workflows and overtime of team, assigns responsibility effectively based on expertise and strengths of team members
- Escalate and resolve high exposure and complex items
- Support the team with the daily work and escalate heavy volumes in the team
- Ensure the team’s procedures are documented and ready for audit
- Prepare and distribute all needed reporting
- Manage several projects efficiently with limited resources and tight deadlines
- Build relationships at all levels both within and outside the organization
- Energize and inspire team and generate excitement, a sense of pride, and a drive to excellence
- Understand competencies required for successful job performance and use knowledge to coach and develop team members as well as to identify training needs
- Continue to refine reporting products that summarize and manage the risk profile of the team and operations
- Communicate professionally and constructively to resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure
- BS/BA degree
- 3 + years of industry experience (Mutual Funds or Trade Processing/Trade Management experience is a plus)
- 1 year supervisory experience a plus
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Research, analysis and problem resolution skills
- Excel knowledge would be a plus
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to adapt to an ever changing environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong decision making skills
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others