State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Starszy Specjalista ds. Operacji Powierniczych
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-629440
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
- Review cash monitoring work conducted by the Depositary Analyst (significant cash flows, full cash flows reconciliation).
- Review safekeeping of assets work conducted by the Depositary Analyst (custody, asset ownership verification and registration).
- Perform oversight checks on valuation and safekeeping of units work conducted by the Depositary Analyst (subscriptions and redemptions oversight).
- Reconciliations: analyze the output of the reconciliations for specific instruments such as OTC Derivatives, ETD, cash, stock, etc.; make a risk assessment to identify risky items that require to be investigated further and that require escalation.
- NAV calculation: review procedures in place to calculate the NAV and understand the drivers of the NAV calculation, review income distribution calculations; ensure that the receivable and payable accounts linked to shareholder activity are in good order
- Trade settlement, income and cash: risk assessment of trades, cash and income not timely settled/received.
- Investment Restriction Compliance: identify breaches and check if escalation is required.
- Transfer Agency: understand the risk items linked to the transfer agency activity and review the output of the reconciliation of the collection account.
- Collaborates with the Review Team on an ongoing basis.
- Assists where required in preparing daily deliverable and reviews reports prepared by team.
- Controls the quality of the prepared work.
- Complete the reviewers’ checklist when required in accordance with procedures.
- Stays objective and protects the investor’s interest at all times.
- Performs special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Team Supervisor.
- Involvement in the training and development of other team members as necessary.
- Assists Team Supervisor in the organization of the Team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to.
- Assists Team Supervisor in implementing new procedures and controls.
NON - TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Resolve review points highlighted by Senior Depositary Advisors and team supervisor and ensure they are kept informed of progress.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
- Undertake appropriate housekeeping duties e.g. mailbox monitoring, archiving, operation of clean desk policy.
TRAINING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Work with Team Supervisor to identify objectives at the start of each year and keep them up to date.
- Actively participate in the appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development.
- Take responsibility for personal development and training.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.