Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
As a Video Support Engineer, working within the Enterprise Collaboration and Mobility group, you will work as part of a team that sustains an ever-evolving video collaboration technology landscape. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn about a variety of collaboration technologies and how to implement/support them. This is an excellent growth opportunity for you to develop strong engineering skills.
Your role will be a combination of support and client service and to be successful in the role you will handle the below responsibilities.
In the support role, you will:
- Provide video conference room support and problem resolution
- Apply upgrades to production video conference systems and peripherals
- Support and maintain audio visual equipment
- Work with the video engineers to complete assigned tasks and participate in proof of concept projects for new technologies
Install and support telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco IM and Presence, Avaya Communications Manager, Aura Voicemail and video conferencing systems, Cisco TMS, Expressway
In the client service role, you will:
- Interact with event planners and senior managers to plan, coordinate and support large corporate events or town hall style presentations
- Consult with other experienced technologists to understand stakeholder impacts resulting from technology change
- Engage users to assess their needs and evaluate, document and implement best practices
- Prudently exploit technology for the best value at acceptable risk levels
- Meet the goal for this position in order to ensure the smooth operation of applications and systems in order to provide maximum performance and availability for users
Qualifications for this role would include:
- College/university degree in technology
- Experience working with audio visual technologies to include displays, projectors, microphones and Crestron video & audio infrastructure
- Basic technical knowledge of video conferencing technology to include video endpoints, gateways and scheduling applications
- Experience with Cisco collaboration suite offerings a plus
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detail and systematic thinking
- Technical organization and troubleshooting Issue resolution and risk mitigation
- Commitment to follow standards
- Self-starter, ability to work as an individual contributor and excel in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage own workload in a fast paced infrastructure environment
- Highly motivated, quick learner with the ability to grasp new concepts and technologies
- Familiarity with Cisco and Avaya Telecommunications technologies a plus
Knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connection, Contact Center Express, IM& Presence, Cisco TMS, Conductor, Expressway and MRA as it pertains to Video Telepresence and Jabber Video
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself — without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others