Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Senior Auditor
As a Senior Auditor you will be delivering audit services that consistently satisfy the needs and reasonable expectations of the client by helping them improve the control environment, streamline their business and achieve operational excellence. You will have the responsibility for evaluating risks and controls, executing fieldwork phases, communicating issues and findings to management, devising solutions for business improvements, and following-up on corrective actions. You will also work effectively in a team setting to perform all audit work in accordance with department and professional standards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Effectively learns the audit process and department standards for workpaper documentation.
- Individually and as part of a project team, develop, execute, and document control evaluations.
- Gather and analyze data to conduct audit-related activities.
- Perform technical research using external and internal source material.
- Apply and leverage current and emerging audit tools and techniques in data analysis.
- Identify the key risks and controls related to the assigned audit and/or non-recurring projects.
- Execute assigned testing procedures in adherence with the BBH Internal Audit Department policies and procedures.
- Organize and analyze audit data and summarize audit findings for management review.
- Participate in discussions of audit results with management.
Qualifications & Skills:
- BS/BA degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or related disciplines
- At least 2 years of work experience - any internal or external audit related experience or certifications will be an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills pertaining to risk identification.
- Good team player and gets along with people; enthusiastic, shows initiative.
- Works well individually and in teams by sharing information and supporting colleagues.
- Effectively supervise/coach, motivate and provide feedback to more junior teammates.
- Eager to develop, seeks out opportunities for training and other development.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing (e.g. email) and in person.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is mandatory.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.