Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
As a Senior Test Automation Engineer you would have experience with BDD/Gherkin, Serenity, DB/SQL, Selenium & Java based automation frameworks and test case management tools. You would understand SDLC standards and the need to develop functional expertise of an application area in order to automate it and get automation delivered in a timely manner for either agile or waterfall projects. You would operate as an automation resource for key product areas that are in the pipeline based on priority. This could mean taking on a few smaller projects in one area or maintaining automation in another area or taking in a larger project based on priority. The automation approach would require 1 of 2 solutions;
- solid BDD/Selenium/Java automation experience with a standard UI framework experience and experience building out an automation solution.
- solid Java (and possibly SQL) experience for creating custom automation solution/tools for automating technically complex areas of an application and experience working with developers on such an initiative.
Either case requires good communication skills and working with teams in different locations to get test cases, collaborate and build out a solution. The Sr Test Automation Engineer - works as liaison with the internal development, business/systems areas and QA teams to help ensure the current SDLC and test automation standards are deployed and achieved, and industry standards are followed within the envisioned solution. S/he provides analysis and develops solutions to business problems, automation framework and applies specialized knowledge & professional experience in a particular product or system to achieve best results.
The Senior Test Automation Engineer – may need to work independently or within an agile team, coach and guide more junior staff on regular basis and also share knowledge. S/he needs to be proactive with looking for new solutions and advancing automation framework to support new technologies and platform.
- Assist in creating automation test strategy & test plans for all the projects involved in using standards and methodologies defined by the organization
- Develop technical & functional expertise of application under test in order to best automate the testing or create tools to boost productivity for testing
- Identify and create reusable test data for automated testing
- Develop AI or ML tools for
- Discovering/identifying existing data to test with without the need for data creation or DB flashback/restores
- Analyzing log files for how end users use the system and develop test cases based on user data
- Analyze log files for error and failure patterns
- Understand and map out all inbound/outbound application interfaces and create an automated repository of regression tests to test the application as it is used in production.
- Identify custom tools that could be created to help boost productivity of testing.
- Develop integration and regression test cases based on test design best practices
- Participate in test strategy, automation estimation and planning discussion
- Document and report test results and assist with defect management in a way that is business readable and is clear about test coverage/risks/etc.
- Create and execute SQL scripts wherever required
- Execute automated test cases as per the testing deadlines for the project and report progress of test execution as per organization standards
- Maintain and design test data and test environments required for execution of automated testing
- Maintain and log all automated test cases, test strategy and all necessary documentation for testing in central repository based on organization strategy
- Support re-testing of application to resolve production issues
- Provide guidance and support using automation framework to testing center of excellence teams and other business lines
- Develop strategy to improve continuous integration of existing tools under supervision
- Expand and develop existing framework to support new technologies under supervision
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (Computer Science or related)
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience
- Strong application tier knowledge
- Understanding of quality assurance & SDLC
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- SQL knowledge
- Java and Rest API’s programming skills
- Scripting knowledge
- Strong knowledge of test automation tools and frameworks:
- Build tools (Ant, Maven, Gradle)
- Unit testing frameworks (JUnit, TestNG)
- Continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Web UI testing tools (Selenium WebDriver, Serenity BDD)
- API testing tools (REST assured, Soap UI)
- Problem solving
- Drive for improvement
- Java Certification would be a plus