Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting a Business Analyst with potential/experience in Business Intelligence reporting development to join our team. The role is part of the Alternatives Systems IT Department supporting a fast growing business of Alternatives which includes Real Estate Investment, Private Equity, and Hedge Funds products.
The Systems Business Analyst role functions as liaison between technical and business user groups. The individual interprets what the users need are and translates those requirements into detailed specifications supported by BBH'S development methodology. The individual takes part in identification and definition of the change, design and development options, testing and deployment of the solution as well as runs communication to both business and technical audiences. The Systems Business Analyst participates in all phases of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) from project scoping, planning and requirements definition to issues resolution, testing, training and implementation.
Main areas of responsibilities:
- Facilitating communication between business users and technical teams
- Gathering requirements of proposed changes or issues to be fixed and helping set scope definition as well as conducting business analysis of applications and systems
- Writing and/or reviewing technical specification documentation which may include data modelling, dataflow diagramming, screen design, workflow analysis etc.
- Involvement in design and development process as well as in system and UAT testing
- Release communication (providing demonstrations to the users, writing release documentation, taking part in release meetings) and involvement in deployments and checkout of the solution
- Working with project managers, developers, QA specialists towards providing efficient solutions which met needs of the business
- Participating in design, development and testing of BBH Alternatives reports and data solutions incl. reports, cubes and other data solutions
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree (from area of Accounting, Banking, Economics, Finance as well as Computer Science or Management Information Systems preferred)
- 3 to 5 years financial services experience
- Great communication and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and switch priorities
- Business knowledge (custody and banking operations, fund accounting or financial products would be required for some BA roles
- Technical knowledge (basic programming skills, database knowledge incl. SQL and stored procedures, strong VBA skills and/or data mining/statistical programming i.e. SAS Base) would be preferred
- Experience in working in projects and/or writing documentation, VBA/macro development, UAT testing would be strong benefit
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself — without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of other