Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you
Join us as a Senior Mutual Funds Specialist!
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Senior Mutual Funds Specialist to join our Subscription & Redemption team. In this role you will be responsible for performing high level specialized operational securities processing activities in support of the firm’s business lines. As a subject matter specialist, you will deal with activities including trade confirmation and settlement, research and posting of cash received, instructing outgoing wire payments for subscription order, review and correction of breaks as well as handling client inquiries. Specialists support activities in different markets (domestic, offshore, alternative) as well as positions/trading activity executed though a third-party vendor, intermediary or service provider.
Key responsibilities include:
- Resolve problems, research breaks and identify incoming funds.
- Interact with other BBH departments/external Transfer Agents or Administrators on resolution of issues.
- Follow up on open inquiries.
- Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure.
- Intraday and end of day reconciliation of daily work.
- Follow up with Transfer Agent/Administrator on open trades for contract note details.
- Track outstanding receivables/open issues and follow up for receipt.
- Maintain accurate documentation and communicate related details to clients
- Post related transactions timely and accurately
- Provide superior client service.
- Ensure timely response to internal and external requests.
- Build and maintain relationships at all levels both within and outside the organization.
- Communicate as part of a team.
- Ensure all deadlines and requirements are being met.
- Challenge all processes, procedures and practices.
- Help to enhance the productivity of the unit.
- Identify and document errors to reduce exposure.
- Gain efficiencies to improve individual productivity.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Knowledge of Mutual Funds Industry is a plus
- Ability to communicate professionally with others.
- An aptitude for analytical thinking.
- Research, analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels through effective verbal and written skills.
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others