We are looking for candidates that are eager to develop their competences in the field of applied data science. As our consultant you will have a unique opportunity to test your machine learning skills in solving business problems for industries such as Financial Services (Banking & Insurance), Retail, FMCG, Oil&Gas and various other.
We aim in delivering end-to-end solutions by collaborating heavily with Business Experts from other teams in PwC (Strategy & Operations, Financial Services, Digital Transformation, etc.), Developers and professionals from IT. Our team employs specialist in Machine Learning, Big Data solutions and architecture, statistics and its applications, as well as Deep Learning with various backgrounds (computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering and economy) and degree of seniority (from juniors with 1-2 years of experience to country leaders with over 10+ on the market).
We want to expand our service base by employing new
As a Data Scientist you will be tasked with developing technology solutions for clients based on different common Data Science technologies (such as R, Python ) and/or various applications (SQL Server, Jupyter, AnyLogic, Visual Studio). You will manage parts of large projects, run smaller projects under supervision and control work of a team of assigned project team members.
You will closely work with higher management and actively participate in the proposal-making process within your area of expertise.
It is expected that you will grow professional expertise through seeking knowledge, skills and hands-on experience in Data Science (through on the job learning, external events, conferences and training) as well as share your acquired knowledge with junior staff.
- At least 1 year professional experience.
- Basic knowledge of SQL in order to effectively use database engines for structured data.
- Knowledge of at least one Data Science related programming language - preferably R or Python. Experience with analysis of large data sets and good knowledge of machine learning algorithms.
- Student or graduate (preferred Math, Computer Science, Economics, Physics, Operational Research or related).
- Interest in Data Science and willingness to learn new tools and solutions.
- Good command of the English language.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - essential in day-to-day cooperation with clients and the team.
Additional assets will be:
- Knowledge of Big Data Ecosystem: Hadoop (HDFS, YARN), Spark (PySpark/Scala, MLlib, GraphX), Hive/Presto/Impala.
- Experience in effective visualization techniques and tools (Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI).
- Knowledge of an object-oriented programming language (C#, F#, Java).
- Opportunity to develop skills in statistical modelling embedded in business reality.
- Gaining knowledge and experience in the practical use of technology centered around Big Data on projects carried out for companies from different sectors.
- Dynamic, project driven work environment.
- Excellent working conditions and a friendly working atmosphere.
- Attractive compensation with additional benefits package.