Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Product Support Analyst
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Product Support Analyst to join our Alternative Product Team which provides process and application development and support to Alternative Fund Accounting and Fund Administration teams. As a key member of this group you will be working closely with internal business teams to analyze business processes, develop business requirements, liaise with developers and vendors during analysis and design, create and execute UAT plans and scripts, document procedures, provide support, and create and execute implementation plans (training, rollout, transition). In this role you will work both independently and as part of bank-wide project teams to actively analyze department needs and increase operational efficiency.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
Analysis / Documentation / Support:
- Write and review business requirements
- Facilitate developer or vendor analysis and creation of design documents and functional specifications
- Create and execute User Acceptance Testing plans and scripts
- Document procedures
- Create and execute implementation plans
- Create and manage project plans
- Analyze and design automated solutions to business problems
- Provide on-going system support
- Seek out and participate in team and interdepartmental projects
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in demonstrating new products and assisting with internal and external client questions or presentations
- Proactively oversee operations service levels by arranging pulse checks and modifying procedures
- B.S. / B.A. degree and/or equivalent work experience
- At least 1 year of prior business analyst or QA analyst experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years related experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Prior involvement or experience working on financial services systems projects preferred
- Excellent Written and Verbal Skills
- Ability to complete duties as assigned under minimal supervision
- Aptitude for understanding global business consideration when implementing new business systems.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work with business users and system personnel in a team environment
- Knowledge and experience preparing and executing test scripts
- Experience on Alternative Partnership / Private Equities (a plus)
- Hands-on experience with report writer packages and/or database application query tools (sql server) (a plus)