State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Starszy Specjalista ds. Przeciwdziałania Praniu Pieniędzy
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-633338
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Role specifics (example responsibilities; please update as required by role)
- Create the AML/KYC record in the system sourcing information from internal and external sources for all risk ratings (Regulatory websites, Company website, Banker’s Almanac, Lexis Nexis, World Check etc.)
- Perform and provide SME advice to the team to complete Know Your Customer due diligence in line with applicable AML Policies & Procedures and consider the risks to State Street when on boarding or completing periodic reviews / EDR's
- Collaborate with key stakeholders with regards to the execution and accurate tracking of key deliverables from the EMEA BU AML Centre.
- Follow the speak up, listen up values - including timely escalation of AML concerns, suspicious activity or any corporate policy breaches
- Meet agreed targets for AML/KYC record review and completion within agreed timeframes escalating when required
- Attend and participate in AML awareness training sessions to continue to enhance the quality of deliverables. Drivers for this should include (but not limited to) recent quality gaps findings, CoE refer backs, self-test results, internal or external audit or M&S findings.
- Assist in departmental projects as required
- Ensure job aids are updated on a regular basis to keep in line with current policies and procedures within the team
- Track outstanding queries and issues through to timely resolution
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
- Look to take a proactive approach to managing your own career and development by undertaking activities and training courses (classroom and online) identified by you and your manager.
- Drive monthly 1:1 meetings with your manager to obtain feedback on your progression.
- Ensure participation in all relevant Town Halls and Team Meetings to demonstrate engagement in your role and the strategy for State Street.
Skills and Experience - interpersonal, numerical, problem-solving, analytical, etc.
- Very good language skills in English
- One or more of the following languages: French, German, Italian, Dutch or Arabic would be an advantage;
Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
Required Competencies - motivation, team skills, ability to work under pressure, etc.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Professional agility: ability to prioritise workloads and work to strict deadlines; quickly adapt and respond to change
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory AML/KYC requirements 2 years+
- Excellent communication skills required - both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills: ability to analyse complex structures to determine risk exposure and applicable AML/KYC requirements
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts in a concise manner
- Premium life insurance package;
- Employee savings plan;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.