Role specifics (example responsibilities; please update as required by role)
- Create the AML/KYC record in the system sourcing information from internal and external sources for all risk ratings (Regulatory websites, Company website, Banker’s Almanac, Lexis Nexis, World Check etc.)
- Perform Know Your Customer due diligence in line with applicable AML Policies & Procedures and consider the risks to State Street when on boarding or completing periodic reviews / EDR's
- Collaborate with key stakeholders with regards to the execution and accurate tracking of key deliverables from the EMEA BU AML Centre.
- Follow the speak up, listen up values - including timely escalation of AML concerns, suspicious activity or any corporate policy breaches
- Meet agreed targets for AML/KYC record review and completion within agreed timeframes escalating when required
- Attend and participate in AML awareness training sessions to continue to enhance the quality of deliverables. Drivers for this should include (but not limited to) recent quality gaps findings, CoE refer backs, self-test results, internal or external audit or M&S findings.
- Assist in departmental projects as required
- Ensure job aids are updated on a regular basis to keep in line with current policies and procedures within the team
- Track outstanding queries and issues through to timely resolution
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
- Look to take a proactive approach to managing your own career and development by undertaking activities and training courses (classroom and online) identified by you and your manager.
- Drive monthly 1:1 meetings with your manager to obtain feedback on your progression.
Ensure participation in all relevant Town Halls and Team Meetings to demonstrate engagement in your role and the strategy for State Street.
Skills and Experience - interpersonal, numerical, problem-solving, analytical, etc.
- Very good language skills in English
- One or more of the following languages: French, German, Italian, Dutch or Arabic would be an advantage;
Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
Required Competencies - motivation, team skills, ability to work under pressure, etc.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Professional agility: ability to prioritise workloads and work to strict deadlines; quickly adapt and respond to change
- Excellent communication skills required - both verbal and written
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts in a concise manner
- Premium life insurance package;
- Employee savings plan;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway