State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Financial Reporting Specialist, Associate 2
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-633610
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Financial Reporting department is responsible for preparation of monthly, quarterly, half year end and year-end financial statements for investment funds.
At this level you will be responsible for preparing and reviewing of all components of interim and annual financial statements for a number of investment funds operating in the UK, Luxembourg, Ireland or Switzerland. You may organize and coordinate work of Financial Reporting Accountants, Associate 1 in all aspects of the Financial Statements preparation process. You will be required to provide guidance to less experienced members of staff, taking responsibility for the quality of the work delivered to the client and auditors.
Scope of Responsibilities – principal tasks
- Prepare and/or review first draft of audited annual and unaudited interim financial statements from trial balance, including Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Schedule of Investments, Notes to financial statements, in line with applicable reporting standards
- Prepare and review reporting templates for annual and interim cycles
- Take ownership for Clients assigned to you by your Team Leader
- Be a first point of contact for technical and Financial Reporting queries from Financial Reporting Accountants, Associate 1
- Work to tight deadlines in order to finalize client deliverables
- Act as an immediate point of contact to internal clients on specialized audits or reviews
- Provide assistance and support during financial statements audits and internal control reviews
- Liaise with other departments to address and resolve all issues identified within a trial balance
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve / escalate queries and problems within agreed deadlines
- Be up to date with accounting standards (UK SORP, LUX GAAP, FRS 102 and IFRS)
- Comply with accounting policies/procedures and internal control documentation
- Understand the core processes and areas of risk within the business area and work with a management team to mitigate them
- Constantly improve knowledge and skills in the area of accounting, financial reporting and the investment funds sector
- Participate in projects impacting the wider group where possible
- Take on ad hoc project work as required from your managers
A person with relevant financial education in the field of economics, finance, accounting or similar (preferred). More than 1 year experience in financial services or a similar environment
General knowledge of financial services industry. Knowledge of Financial Reporting and/or Audit processes is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of accounting frameworks including IFRS, UK SORP, LUX GAAP, FRS would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting and/or Audit processes would be advantageous
- PC literate with very good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English. Must be able to communicate effectively with employees in other departments, at all levels and be able to describe and explain processes
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with similar deadline
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
- Ability to delegate work to junior staff
- Experience of working to deadlines, must be able to manage time effectively
- Seeks responsibility
- Multitasking ability
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Adaptable – ability to develop new approaches to solving problems
- Team player
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.