State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Fund Accounting, Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-633099
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Purpose of the role
The position sits under supervision of Fund Accounting Supervisor or Manager, the Operations Specialist will engage in various projects, special analysis and initiatives relating to technical aspects of the business.Provide technical support to Fund Accounting Supervisor and teams to ensure all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
Scope of duties:
- Reviews Fund components and completes the reviewers’ checklist as needed;
- Liaises with other internal clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs to service delivery, resolving errors and discrepancies;
- Assists Team Supervisor in the organization of the Team and in ensuring that departmental procedures and controls are adhered to;
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and carry out necessary corrective action. Keep team Supervisor and Officer informed of issues. Ensure the issues log is updated and track progress;
- Support Team Supervisor to ensure that accurate KPI are created and disseminated to the donor site;
- Provide technical support to fund accounting teams in relation to fund events;
- Take a leading role in the review of corporate documentation of processes, procedures and controls across client groups. Evaluate their continuing effectiveness and accuracy. Initiate remedial action as necessary. Ensure documentation exists for any client-specific procedures;
- Participate as technical SME in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products relating to the ongoing business transformation process. Provide regular progress reports and give feedback during project meetings;
- Act as central point of contact for technical issues encountered in the daily business. Track issue trends and escalate as needed. Contribute to “open surgery” sessions for technical issue resolution;
- Contribute to analysis and planning of fund accounting Operating Model with the aim of standardizing processes and establishing best practice;
- Provide technical and planning support for new business transitions to Poland. Ensure proper governance and controls are in place. Perform post-transition analysis to identify process gaps;
- Work closely with Training Department and business lines to identify training needs within the team. Ensure that those needs are met by delivering training sessions to staff on agreed topics;
- Perform FTE and capacity analysis within fund accounting teams.
- FSA Regulations – required for UK teams;
- Accounting standards knowledge;
- Knowledge of Performance Planning and Review System;
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing;
- A thorough understanding of fund administration is required;
- Excellent English.
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.